parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Monday, February 19, 2007
    Home, for the most part.
    Beloved and I are home. I would say that the weekend went really well. I got along with everyone, I did not over-imbibe, as I did last time, and all the kids had a blast with their cousins and aunts and uncles.

    The girls aren't here, though :( I always feel sad when they're first not with me. Fortunately for my summers, it eventually is something I come to terms with when it's for a long period. Tonight, however, I have a pretty lousy feeling in my gut. It didn't help that J. was in tears upon saying goodbye to me. She doesn't usually do that. But we do usually have more time to focus on the fact that they're leaving. We didn't have that chance today, because we were saying goodbye to my sister and my parents and and and .... general chaos was present. It was so sad to see her face crumbling on the other side of her father's car door. I went to give her a final hug goodbye, and she had tears just spilling over. It was very sad. He assured me later that she was fine within a couple of minutes. I am certain that is true - it's just saying goodbye that's hard - not being with him.

    It was also hard saying bye to E. We had spent a good part of the weekend looking at some new books we bought for her --- "My Body, Myself, for Girls" ooooh yeah. We also bought little training bras ... not that she necessarily needs them, but she's getting ready for when she does. Her friends told her that having to protect new little body parts AND having to get used to new articles of clothing all at once is quite hard.

    Of course, she won't be dealing with this stuff with the ex. She begged me not to tell him about any of it. I already had ... to prepare him and so that he doesn't make some "joking" comment. I didn't tell her that I told him, though.

    Sigh.

    Labels: ,

    posted by Zuska @ 9:20 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?