parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Monday, December 25, 2006
    Merry .....
    Christmas Day! Beloved and I just returned from a "walk" which turned into a "hike." The girls didn't want to come, because they were still enjoying Christmas gifts.

    We had a gift exchange last night with my parents, my brother and his wife. It went pretty well. I rarely spend time with my brother without having complaints - but last night, he didn't piss me off once.

    I have complaints, though --- I drank too much. I'm a wee nauseous today from it. I ended up dissolving into a giggle fit at around 11 p.m., and the girls were like, "MOM!! You are drunk!" Not really my idea of a shining moment as a parent. I also was otherwise overly talky and dumb. Fortunately that was the worst of it.

    Oh, other than the odd background nauseousness of today.

    But the hike helped with that.

    We all cooked some yesterday - I made stuffed mushrooms, and then 2 other dips/veggie things. The mushrooms came out really well. Beloved helped with those. My dad made bacon-wrapped scallops, and my mom made Lasagna rolls. She also made cookies with the girls, and e.

    Today, mom is working. So we've had a pretty lazy day. Despite the fact that I abused myself last night, I was the first of my family to wake up. My dad had been up since the crack of dawn prepping the Christmas Feast, but we all slept. I got up at 9:30, and the rest of my clan at 10.

    My parents got me a little hand-held electronic Sudoku game. I played with it a lot this a.m. Beloved got me a little joystick-operated pac-man game that you plug into the t.v. I can't wait to go home and play. And he got me a scarf I've been fingering in a local store for WEEKS (a $100 big wool shawl-type scarf thingy) --- it's purply. I love it.

    The girls got digital cameras from my mom. From us, they got musicals and board games (they're LOVING Stratego) and art supplies -- E. got Prismacolor Pencils and J. got a TON of sculpey.

    They're downstairs now, re-enacting scenes from both their plays from last months. Singing their hearts out .... I bet they're using the video function on their cameras to tape each other. If I had to guess ....

    Beloved got a turntable from my parents - one that plugs into a computer and you can ..... do something. I don't know what. Put music from a record player onto the computer? Put music from the computer onto a record? I have no clue.

    Funny note -- I have been looking EVERYWHERE for the new Sarah McLachlin Christmas album, b/c someone had put down her song "Wintersong" on their top 5 in the Christmas Song meme that was going around - and I do truly like her. I couldn't find it anywhere. It had been in Starbucks before I decided I wanted it, but by the time I decided - it was sold out everywhere. I've asked at 5 different Starbucks, and had them go into their back room and check. Then I came here, and mentioned to my sister-in-law that I wanted it, and my mom ran into the other room and brought it out. She had it.

    So now it's on iTunes. Yummy. I'm listening right now.

    I suppose that's all for now. I'm going to heat up some more artichoke dip. Mom should be home within the hour, and we'll have more of a "Christmasy" Christmas night.

    Labels:

    posted by Zuska @ 2:33 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?