parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, August 13, 2006
    The girls are IN the building.
    The whole time the kids were gone, I was an utter and complete SLOB. Almost like I was in high school. The place was a disaster. Beloved did pretty well at not complaining, b/c I would put little efforts in each weekend to hold things over. I cleaned my bathroom a few times. I cleared off that dining table at least 3 times. that's pretty big. Once, I even brought the recycling down. Oh, and I vacuumed once.

    However, this morning? I woke up at 8, and I disassembled the kitchen, scrubbed the counters and the walls (that splash guard thingy), and I wiped down all the cannisters. I scrubbed the stove. I CLEANED!!! It looks awesome.

    This is just one example of how having the kids back home makes everything slip back into place.

    They are wonderful. TAN!! like I would not believe. Thing One has tricked me all these 10 years, making me think she was MY child who freckles and burns - does not tan. Last night she ripped her shirt off while readying for bed (no, modesty has not kicked in yet), and I screeched at the tan lines on her back. She looks like ... CARAMEL!! They swam a LOT over the summer - pools, oceans, lakes. Their faces look relatively normal - just a little sun kissed. They told me they were very good about sunscreen, but their backs got a lot of sun due to the whole water intensifying the light issue.

    Unfortunately, the Schlurg has earned that name for himself. Thing Two had started her summer homework, and then he promptly lost it. She started it THERE, so I know it wasn't me who lost it. Now tomorrow, we need to call the school and see if I can get a packet of 3rd grade homework, and have her start all over.

    They had Thing One's homework, and she's 4/5ths done with her reading, and zero percent done with her math.

    We now get to cram a summer's worth of homework into 2 weeks. Yee ha!!!
    posted by Zuska @ 9:51 AM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Monday, August 14, 2006 12:34:00 PM, Blogger E. McPan said…

      I can't believe they have summer homework for THIRD graders. Yikes. I barely had summer reading for honors English in high school, and even then most of us didn't do it.

       
    • At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:26:00 PM, Blogger Filch said…

      Summer homework? I never had summer homework. I've never, to be honest, heard of summer homework.

      I would like to say something more, but I actually have no response to that.

       
    • At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:35:00 PM, Blogger Zuska said…

      For my daughter going into third grade, the math summer homework is just busy work, and could be done without.

      My daughter going into fifth grade, however ... the summer homework should be more intense. She "loses" a lot over the summer - primarily in math. She spends the whole year working to learn her multiplication tables and division and such, and then after a summer where no attention is given to these things at all, she is back to square one in the fall, feeling frustrated and irritated.

      Summer reading homework? I think it should be doubled or even tripled. They're required to read five books. Fortunately, I'm sure that my ids are reading closer to 20, but there's nothing wrong with more being required, in my opinion.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?