parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, August 04, 2006
    Ten Apples Up On Top
    I have made a good chunk of change over the summer. I have been worried that I don't have enough to show for it. I will be needing to pinch my pennies through the fall quarter, and I was hoping not to. But I have actually done a lot with this money.

    First of all, Beloved has taken this opportunity to test the waters in the world of those who do not "work outside the home." This has gone very well, I think, and has been a worthwhile shift in funds.

    Second of all, I am able to put away rent for the next 4 months.

    Third of all, I am very well dressed.

    No. Wait. That should be at the bottom. (this is also the item that causes the guilt)

    Fourth of all. We are going to Disneyland. I have already paid for the hotel and the park tickets, and the plane tickets (cross country!). I also have put away spending $$ for the trip.

    Fifth of all ......


    I just bought a new MacBook!!!! Woo hoo!!!!

    I am sooooo happy about this! I have wanted to do the shift over to the Mac products for sooooo long, and have put it off and put it off and put it off. I really wanted an ew computer this year, b/c my computer (a Dell) is very BIG and very HEAVY and causes pain within my body. Now I am getting an itty bitty computer that is pretty, and cool, and FUN.

    It also came with a free iPod Nano (if I remember to fill out the rebate form it will be free. Will someone PLEASE e-mail me in approx 7 days to remind me to fill out that form? PLEASE?? Anyone? Anyone? Beloved? Beloved?)

    I have a 30 [whatever the letters are] iPod. It has video. I love it. It is my prize possession (since my MacBook has yet to arrive).

    So who gets the free Nano?

    The same person who gets the trip to Disneyland!!

    Thing One. It's her bday present. I got her name engraved on it (so I can't change my mind).

    She is young for a pod. I'm not going to let her take it to school (i don't think). but she is going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. She is going to be full of glee.

    Part of why I decided to do it is because she will now have a computer where she can have her iTunes. This one. The big and heavy one. It will be for my Things.

    Furthermore, I received an MP3 player today, as an "offer acceptance" gift --- so that can go to Thing Two, to soften the blow that her sis got an iPod, and she did not. Then, at Christmas, Thing Two will get one.

    I can't wait until my computer comes.

    For all you students out there --- Apple does provide a discount for students. There was $50 off my computer, and I think that it goes up to $200 off.
    posted by Zuska @ 8:10 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Sunday, August 06, 2006 1:11:00 AM, Blogger She says said…

      Way to maximize the MP3 thing in an even-handed and smart manner... you'll be a great lawyer.

      Or better said, what a great mom!

      And congrats on coming over to the cult of Mac. Once you go Mac, you don't go back...

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?