parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, August 11, 2006
    love affair
    Beloved is building things in the Things' room. While they are gone, he's completely redesigning their room. First, the bunkbeds were disassembled, then Murphy beds (2) were built, then shelves were erected.

    Upon his completion, my job comes up. I need to put their things away, organize their clothing, and generally make things nice. This was supposed to be our Friday evening.

    However, some of his final tasks were delayed. This meant that he had to continue with the drilling and nailing and screwing and mounting [ooh, i crack myself up sometimes]. I could not organize and fold and otherwise make nicey-nice.

    Instead, I cleaned off the dining table, which without children at home went from being the family evening gathering place (tonight, we ate takeout Thai picnic-style on the living room floor .... just as an example) to being the dumping grounds for mail, shopping expeditions, and any other crap that we happen to have in our hands as we pass by.

    I also started moving my suits (which I do not anticipate wearing until at least October) into our hallway closet.

    I also cleaned up the kitchen.

    I also fumbled through Apple.com's instructions on how to transfer my iTunes library (2400 songs) from my old computer to my new computer. This process required some pretty heavy-duty acclimation to the new platform.

    And now, I am, in love.

    Everything is just PRETTIER on a Mac. The colors are richer, the chats are bubblier, the iTunes are brighter.

    I even put a DVD inside, and I was stunned at the clarity and color and beauty.

    So, my earlier uneasiness with hte unfamiliar platform is gone, and I am a Very Happy Camper.

    AND ... my iTunes are on, and it did not fill up the entire hard drive, as it did with the Old Computer!!

    I also went through the old computer and took off all my documents, bookmarks, stored personal information, and other things that I found necessary before handing it off to the children. So, if they happen to be on, oh, i don't know, Amazon.com .... they won't find MY stored Credit Card number, and think that they can just have whatever they want ... for free.
    posted by Zuska @ 11:47 PM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?