parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, August 09, 2006
    silliness, stupidity, and dumb-ness (not a word, right?)
    Beloved and I went out after work tonight - we went to get some yummy fish tacos and to see Talladega Nights. It was fun. I think that one of the best parts of the evening was when we snuck into the previews (only) of World Trade Center. It started at 7, and ours was at 7:30, so it worked really well to see their previews.

    It was our last solo outing sans Things. The pretty little creatures come home on Saturday. Tomorrow night is my last event for work, then Friday is my last day.

    I did something stupid.

    Not feeling well earlier this week made me kind of lose track of the days. I have known that this is my last week for Quite Some Time. And I have intended to slowly be bringing things home. I have a good bit of personal things in the office, including 3 suit jackets and 4 pairs of shoes. (They have all migrated to under my desk, which gets pretty tricky when I need to get up and walk somewhere - today I had on one brown shoe and one black .... fortunately, there was no risk of me walking around that way, it was just funny.

    Since we have an event straight from work tomorrow, I do not see myself bringing things home then. Which means every single thing needs to come with me on Friday. Which sucks. I'm so dumb.

    My school has been having some "discussions" on our internal bulletin board. Some of them have gotten heated. I have been tempted to throw in my 2 cents, but held back. Then someone said something I found offensive, and felt that the other voice needed to be on the table, and so I spent the ENTIRE day composing a response. Thinking things over, choosing words carefully, deleting phrases or works that may seem too incendiary. I sent it to my sis like 3 times to say "what do you think NOW?" and finally, posted the damned thing.

    I then spent 2 hours hitting refresh every 2 seconds, b/c I was so nervous that I may have pissed someone off. I didn't want to piss anyone off.

    I told Beloved - something has to change. I have to either 1) decide that I don't need to be a part of EVERY conversation; or 2) I need to stop freaking out over whether or not I've offended someone.

    Doing both is just dumb.
    posted by Zuska @ 10:47 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:36:00 AM, Blogger She says said…

      I totally understand that -- I'm just like it, albeit a slightly paler version. But definitely the same tendencies.

      Which means I also agree that getting bent out of shape that I might have offended someone when I do speak up is also a waste of energy...

      If you figure out the balance, do let me know!

       
    • At Friday, August 11, 2006 1:42:00 PM, Blogger LawNut said…

      I think the right balance is somewhere in between of that. There are some conversations we need to be a part of, but most we don't; and there are some people we need to be conscious of offending, but likewise, most we don't.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?