parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, March 30, 2007
    I entered a contest ....
    The other day, i decided to vacuum the living room. Unfortunately, I do this only once a month. This is bad of me. I should do it more than once a week, especially since two cats have allowed me to live with them. (On the plus side, we have largely hardwood floors ... the carpet isn't so large, and we do sweep several times a week, if not daily.) I was very frustrated, b/c little piles of dirt kept accumulating very time I paused with the vacuum, and I hate that. I have never had a vacuum that just SUCKS EVERYTHING UP. Why oh why is it always so frustrating?

    Then I saw why. The bag was full. Of course. Because it was something I hadn't thought of in forever. I thought, "no problem, I have bags in the closet."

    But of course (again), the bags in the closet were for the OTHER vacuum. The one Beloved brought into our world, and which I hate, what with the dragging and the hose and the attachments. Ptooey.

    No RR bags. The letters required by my STUPID NON-SUCKING vacuum.

    And of course, upon visiting the local stores, there are no RR bags to be found.

    Does anyone reading remember that I do not have a car?

    Does anyone remember that Beloved and I hit a damned tree with our zipcar a month or so ago, and until they get the claim straighted out, I'm suspended from renting cars?

    So I can't even go to Target to get the RR bag.

    Beloved has been drooling over a Dyson vacuum for years. They're bagless.

    BAG-LESS!! No need to run to Target. No "overfilling of the bag."

    But they're expensive.

    I thought they were like $1500.

    This post says no, they're $400.

    Which is a lot, when you consider that most vacuums (that I've owned) cost less than $75.

    But then there's this contest .... put on by Five Minutes for Mom. I'm a mom. I have two kids. They're kinda big, but they still make considerable messes. They tend to kick up the carpet with dancing and with playing of board games, and other assorted activities.

    We also refer to me as the "mom" of my boy. He's a very large carpet-offender (and couches, and chairs, and coats and piles of clean laundry). His little friend is really no better.

    So, I'd like to win. I want the vacuum.

    Labels: ,

    posted by Zuska @ 8:22 PM  
    5 Comments:
    • At Friday, March 30, 2007 10:30:00 PM, Blogger LL said…

      We have a Dyson- it is a pretty great vacuum. JP bought it in college when he still had his parent's credit card to buy overly expensive items. We've had it for almost 3 years now, with a very long-haired fast-shedding cat, and it still works perfectly.

      I hope you win it!

       
    • At Friday, March 30, 2007 11:58:00 PM, Blogger Jessica Gottlieb said…

      I'm entering but should I win you get the vacuum.

      We have a central vacuum and I'll do anything for hits.

      I'm a hits ho!

       
    • At Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:28:00 PM, Blogger The Marpepps! said…

      I have a Dyson vacuum - one of the top models for $175. We got it off Ebay - it was a floor model. It had a knick in the wire and a crack in the front part of the vacuum. This meant five seconds of wrapping electrical tape around the wire and 24 hours of letting apoxy dry on the vacuum head and BOOM, one rocking bagless suck-all vacuum for less than $200. I highly recommend checking it out on Ebay if you don't win it.

       
    • At Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:31:00 PM, Blogger Zuska said…

      I have never won anything in my life. I'm sure I'll be visiting Ebay.

       
    • At Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:39:00 AM, Blogger Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said…

      Had to hop over here and find out who Rosie Griffith's was goign to give hers too if she won. (I must say - I am praying that when I draw that name, God is picking the name of someone like you who REALLY deserves and needs it.)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?