parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, March 08, 2007
    A Forced Lull
    I had my last class of the week this morning (Thursday). I was not able to complete all the reading, and didn't feel prepared. That resulted in my being too quiet for a seminar class, and I wasn't proud of that. Which means I need to get crackin' with the reading - I need to be ahead in something so that I can use the time between classes to be caught up with everything else.

    Which is why I spent 1.5 hours sitting on a couch in the library this morning, reading a novel. Huh?

    Book group is tonight.

    Yet another example of how I wasted my week off last week. WHY didn't I read this book when I was off? Well, because I was reading another book, which was pretty long, and I knew this book (for book group) was short. Very short - I read it in an hour and a half.

    I tried to do some reading for Int'l Law after, and was semi-successful, but then while deciding to read over lunch, I ran into some classmates instead, and spent 40 minutes chatting and eating instead of reading and eating.

    And I wonder why I'm so overwhelmed?

    I am helping out with play practice again today, and then am bringing my kids plus one out for pizza, and then will have, what? an hour? of downtime at home before heading out to book group.

    Stupid Lent and Stupid No Wine. The various hostesses always serve wine. I have really had no problem sticking to my resolution to be alcohol-free for 6 weeks, but if it's being served and everyone else is partaking ... I just may take a night off.

    Or not.

    Either way -- I have no school books at home. There is no school in the remainder of this day. In the morning, I will leave the house with the girls and head off to school. First to the gym, and then to the library to (hopefully) read all day.

    Back to class this morning ... I am not really sure why, but I'm feeling very unsure of myself this quarter. I am scared of being called on again! Like a first year. I am not sure why this is. It may have something to do with my head not being completely in the game, but I don't know. I keep hoping that I can catch up with my reading, and that will help to boost my confidence so that I can participate more, and not feel like a stupid bump on a log, which is how I feel in all of my classes.

    Tomorrow I will work in earnest (not that I haven't been all week), and perhaps I'll just have to break down and bring work home to read over the weekend (in between my parents coming for the day on Saturday, E's spelling bee on Sunday morning, and the Sunday evening play we're going to -- I'm sure that will go well).

    Labels: ,

    posted by Zuska @ 1:34 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?