parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Saturday, March 03, 2007
    After the Weekend
    Well, Monday's it. The start of my last quarter of classes in law school. I am less excited than ever before, and hope I can get into the class material despite my lethargy.

    I decided not to take a 5th class. I'm doing things with the girls' school, and I would like to use free time to pick them up early and spend time with them in the afternoon. This is likely the last chance I have for that. This week was fun, and I should be able to repeat the fun on at least Tuesdays and Thursdays - perhaps Fridays as well.

    I also decided that I am going to use my free use of the University's gym this quarter, rather than continue my failed attempts to rise and shine at 5 a.m. in order to run outside. I've been losing some weight, albeit slowly, from the changes I've made in my diet, but I know if I add a serious exercise routine, I can be the skinny minny I want to be for Europe in August. I think if I took a 5th class, that would also be difficult.

    I am not sure what 2 classes I will take yet, out of 3 possibilities. Schedule-wise, it would work best to take International Law and Intellectual Property. It leaves my mornings general free for gym-time. I'm iffy, though, on my interest in the content for IP, and on the professor for International Law. The third option is 1st Amendment, which is interesting, but the scheduling sucks (Weds. and Fri. a.m.'s, cutting into gym time on Wednesday, and into a Friday that would otherwise be wide open, other than an optional bar review (no credit) that the school offers).

    The two definite classes are Security v. Liberty and Securities Regulation. One fun, one not-so-much. Although corporate stuff is often more interesting than I think it will be going in. So maybe they'll both be fun.

    I'm also decidedly not looking forward to laying down $500 for books. I'd rather be investing in spring clothes for the girls. They're growing like freaking weeds, and having changes in the styles they're interested in. They've actually done a complete flip-flop. J. is going more toward yoga-pants and long t-shirts, and E. is looking at more (for lack of a better word) "girly" styles. I think that's part of her whole "growing up" nonsense. I don't know why she's being so disobedient. I told her to stay 10 -- a young 10 -- forever. And yet she's starting to want to wear more current styles and is putting on earrings every day, and just taking better care about her appearance in general. Fortunately, that's all it is so far - taking more care. She isn't wanting low-cut shirts or clothes that are revealing in other ways.

    It would be much more fun to dress my kids than it will be to buy stupid books. I wish I wasn't so picky about books. I just love the new-book smell, and I hate having other people's underlines in my books. I therefore buy new books - every time.

    I should go list the old ones on Half.com -- it will make me feel better about spending if I get some $$$ in. Although this is another sucky part of the quarter system. I won't be selling any books (other than to classmates, who I'm prone to chop prices for) until July or August.

    Man, I don't even have highlighters. Or pens. Or anything. I am so not into this right now.

    I hope it's just because I don't feel good.

    I'm also unhappy because there's still ice and snow on the ground and in the forecast, which means I won't start riding the bike yet. I hate taking public transit to school. There are no direct routes, and it's a pain in the ass.

    I am just grumbly, I believe.

    Labels: ,

    posted by Zuska @ 3:07 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Saturday, March 03, 2007 8:43:00 PM, Blogger LawSchoolMom said…

      IP is an interesting class. My class was heavy on trademarks and copyrights but I enjoyed it. Well, it wasn't too terrible.

      Check Amazon.com for buying (and listing) textbooks. I've gotten some good deals and I've sold new, non-returnable books on there, too, so new books can be had for less than bookstore prices. Half.com was always a bust for me.

      I hope your mood improves. My MIL gave us a great gift, a Cherry Pit Pac, which is perfect for cramps and other assorted aches. It's probably available at your local organic grocers or natural remedies store (e.g. Whole Foods). Feel better, soon!

       
    • At Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Harmless Error said…

      You probably think you should go to the bar review class, but really, you don't need to. It's no way to spend a Friday afternoon, it will stress you out before you need to get stressed out over the bar, and BarBri will teach you all you need to know.

       
    • At Sunday, March 04, 2007 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Zuska said…

      Well, Harmless, you are the second person to say that, and the other was a recent grad of our law school who attended the class before he started BarBri, and he even felt that he got conflicting information.

      I'm sure I can find a more enjoyable way to spend a Friday afternoon.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?