parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, March 02, 2007
    Look at the little baby!!!
    In case anyone forgot the announcement over at Magic Cookie - she had a baby boy yesterday morning!!!

    I can't wait to read the story of the second half of her labor - 49 hours en toto!!

    Ahhh, labor.

    I always think of both of mine as lasting 2 1/2 hours, because that's how long the intense part was, both times. I honestly found labor to be - well, not that bad. I even said several times that I would have traded the first 3 months of nauseousness for 9 months of labor if I had the choice. The truth is, though, with J., I went into labor on a Friday night and she wasn't born until Sunday at 1 p.m. I was at the hospital for just under 24 hours before she was born ... but it wasn't intense at all. It was fine. Except for the last 2 1/2 hours.

    With E. (who came first, so why I'm talking about her second is beyond me), she was a week late, and I went for a non-stress test (where they put on a monitor on the baby to see if she's okay), and they decided she was NOT okay. While I was on the table with the monitor on my belly the nurse said, "you just had a contraction - did you feel that?" and I thought "oh, that's a contraction? That started yesterday." They then made me go get an ultrasound, where they found that I was pretty much out of amniotic fluid, and they made me go home and get my stuff and then go right back for pitocin (which induces labor). The pitocin didn't really work even after 10 hours. The doctor was about to turn it off so I could sleep the night before waking me and breaking my water when it broke on its own - what little I had, and there were more signs of E. being under stress. Then things picked up, and 2 1/2 hours later, there she was.

    Turns out she had the cord wrapped around her neck - but all was well. The dr. got it off, and then after I nearly bled to death, everything was fine.

    Labels:

    posted by Zuska @ 10:25 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?