parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, March 04, 2007
    A Glimpse of Zuska, age 11-18.
    I did, in fact, clean my bedroom and do some laundry. Only some ... which is better than none (no?).

    I also played 3 games of Yahtzee with the girls, and spent enormous amounts of time raiding both Beloved's (massive) CD collection and iTunes in pursuit of a very "Zuska" playlist for my iPod that is all songs of my childhood(ish).

    I downloaded the following:
    1. Aerosmith - Cryin' and Janie's Got a Gun {Looking at the difference of what "nostalgic Aerosmith" means to me, and what it means to Beloved is one of the few situations in which we feel our age difference (11 years) - for me it's Janie's Got a Gun, and for him, it's Sweet Emotion and Dream On - which I also love, but didn't come to appreciate until later}
    2. Blondie - The Tide is High
    3. Bon Jovi - Shot Through The Heart; I Would Die for You; Living on a Prayer; and Never Say Goodbye
    4. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
    5. Meatloaf - Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
    6. Men at Work - Down Under and Who Can It Be Now
    7. Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home
    8. The Police - Roxanne; The Invisible Sun; De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da; Don't Stand So Close To Me (which I swear turned me on every time I heard it when I was a teen); King of Pain, and others.
    9. Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina
    10. Whitesnake - In the Still of the Night
    11. White Lion - When the Children Cry (don't ask)
    This was all added to what I already had, which includes Air Supply, Depeche Mode, the Church, The Smiths, Tears for Fears, Def Leppard, Billy Joel, James Taylor, Erasure, Human League, Supertramp, Sinaed O'Connor, and Neil Diamond.

    After I monopolized the sound waves in the living room from the hours of 4:30 until our 7 p.m. dinner, Beloved has pulled the girls into our room, with his much better speakers, and is showing them movie clips from a Monkees movie, and now he's explaining the composition a song by the The Who (who J. loves, and apparently he plays for her - very loud - every time I leave the house).

    So the girls are getting the 60's, 70's and 80's - all crammed into a single day.

    I believe my next project will be a play list of all the classic rock I enjoyed as a teen - my nostalgia list is stuff that was current to the time that I was listening. We had a thriving "classic rock" station in our corner of Connecticut, though, and it was what we all listened to during our evenings in various clearings in the woods, feeling oh-so-old with fires burning and beer bottles.

    That play list will take longer to create, but will be FREE - because Beloved owns it all.

    **no, seriously, as I was publishing this post, Queen's "We Will Rock You" came blaring from the other room -- I walked in to huge grins on the girls' faces**

    Labels:

    posted by Zuska @ 6:22 PM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?