parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, February 08, 2007
    On Aging
    For the most part, I do not feel very old. I still think of myself as a "girl" (and Beloved as a "boy"); I still feel like I have a lot of growing up to do, and I feel like there's a lot of life in front of me.

    There are little signs, though, that I am tipping toward getting old. Old.

    One sign is the gray hairs. They sort of sprung up this past fall in much greater numbers than before. I was a little distressed, at first, but mostly because I went from zero gray hairs to probably 50. After the surprise wore off, however, I didn't care anymore. I have very thick hair. VERY thick hair. 50 gray hairs is really a tiny percentage of my overall locks, and the number has not continued to multiply - it's stayed stagnant. I'll take my 50 gray hairs.

    The other sign, however, I'm less happy about. It's my hands.

    I do not have dainty delicate hands. I have rather square hands with pretty strong looking fingers. My nails don't grow long, and when they do, they're square, too. I don't really mind, although sometimes when I see women with dainty little hands and long, elegant fingernails I get a wee jealous. Again, though, I don't really care.

    HOWEVER. Now the skin on my hands is getting all ... loose. And wrinkly. This, I mind. It doesn't look good. And once you add in the winter dryness, my hands are downright haggard looking. Haggard!!I don't want to be haggard. I'm 34. Not 64. I don't deserve haggard yet.

    So today I went and bought some Burt's Bees Beeswax Hand Creme. It's very oily. It says right on the bottle that hands are one of the first places to show signs of aging. At least I'm not a freak, with my haggard hands. But I'm going to try and make them go away.

    Stupid haggard hands.

    Unfortunately, the stuff is really oily, too. And I'm at work. So my keyboard is getting all oily.

    Eh. Oily is better than haggard.
    posted by Zuska @ 1:50 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?