parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, February 07, 2007
    Books!!
    I am happy to be reading again. I think that joining the book group is what kicked me in the pants and got me reading. I've always been a HUGE reader. Just huge. Back in Berkeley, when Beloved and I were merely dating, and he worked evenings and nights, and my kids were little, and had earlier bedtimes, and my job was dull and I sometimes could read for hours during the DAY - I was reading a LOT. Like 2-3 books a week?

    Somehow, law school sucked it all out of me.

    Two summers ago when I was done with my first year, was working for the judge, and the kids were gone ... I thought "now I will read!" I just couldn't focus. I read so little.

    Now I'm back to reading, and enjoying what I read.

    I just read Eragon - the young adult book that was just made into a movie. e. read the book well over a year ago (maybe 2), and really liked the story. So when the second came out, we rushed out to buy it, but she didn't get into that one, didn't read it then, and still hasn't.

    I am thinking when I get home, I'm grabbing that book off the shelf and sinking into the couch. It's a fun story. It pulls you along and makes you want to know what's going to happen in a Harry Potter kind of way -- no, it's not the world's most sophisticated story, and the characters really aren't even AS interesting as those in Harry Potter, nor as developed. But they can do magic, and to me, that's fun.

    My next book group book is also a young adult novel.

    And Beloved just read a young adult novel that he wants me to read.

    Zuska: No longer a grown up.

    But at least I can read!

    [Any grown up book recommendations out there?]
    posted by Zuska @ 3:08 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?