parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, November 17, 2006
    booby update
    i had my second appointment re: the spot on my boob today. i have no new information, except that they've ruled out the possibility that it was just cyclical (i.e., related to my period). the "expert" who felt around today found the spot pretty quickly, returned to it 4 times, and then said, with her brows furrowed, "is this the spot?" she said it does not feel "clinically troublesom" which i'm taking to mean "it does not feel like a tumor" - but she has no clue WHAT it is, so on the second Wednesday of my new job, and 2 days after my 34th birthday (the day after beloved's 45th birthday). I get to explain to them that i must take a long lunch for medical purposes, so i can go and get a mamogram and an ultrasound on my left boob.

    can someone who has had mamograms please give me some reassurance that this won't hurt as much as i think it's going to? i was so happy last week when my primary care doctor said JUST an ultrasound. but the expert says i need both. i'm trying not to think about it. but i'll think about it for purposes of reading reassurances. reassurances ONLY, please.

    in other news, my paper is pretty much done. i'm cozy-ing up to my blue book right now, and when it's done, i print the damned thing and walk it downstairs. then i go party or something. b/c i'm done.

    Labels: , ,

    posted by Zuska @ 9:49 AM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Friday, November 17, 2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger legally certifiable said…

      I can't give reassurances b/c I haven't had a mamm., but I wanted to send positive wishes your way. I hope out that everything turns out well.
      LC

       
    • At Friday, November 17, 2006 1:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I'm older (56), so I've had several mammos---every year around my birthday since 50. I'm not very well endowed, so it really isn't that awful for me. The worst part is having a former student manipulating my breast (I live in a very small town). Mammograms are nothing compared to paps as far as I'm concerned.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?