parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, October 10, 2006
    i take it back ... third year SUCKS
    It is still completely UNstressful, and I still like having more free time, but seriously. It is HARD to give a shit!! Really really really HARD.

    I have a first draft due on my brief in Appellate Advocacy tomorrow, and I uh, don't have much of it done. I did research (a lot) today - but I didn't ever take fingertips to the keyboard. I don't even REALLY have any authorities to cite. I have some bull to pull out of my butt, but no real cases that scream LISTEN TO ME!!! Which is not very fun.

    Next Weds., I have an outline due for my paper on Afghanistan. My issue is whether the (informal) jirga courts which have functioned as the adjudicatory authority in that country throughout all the turmoil (and SIX constitutions!) of the past 75 years can be incorporated into the new state system, as established under the Constitution of 2004. There is some scholarship out there talking about how they (the jirgas) must be dismantled and discredited before the state system can be taken seriously - and I'm gonna say - nuh uh.

    How can I turn that infantile contrariness into a full blown outline? and then paper?

    beats the hell out of me.

    and i kind of don't care!!

    I don't care about professional responsibility. i feel perfectly capable of cramming for the MPRE in the week before the test. I've been doing the reading - so it won't be cold.

    And Tax .... well, that one's kind of fun. And it's my only REAL exam. Perhaps that's why I like it? Perhaps I'm not a "paper-class" kind of gal? I thought it was just the third year slump. Maybe I just don't like being my own master.

    Well, tomorrow's draft and next week's outline are not required by ME. So I'll have to find some other explanation for not being a "paper-class" kind of gal.

    but maybe it has nothing to do with third year?
    posted by Zuska @ 6:13 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?