parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, October 04, 2006
    peace, at long last
    winter's squared away. hallelujah. not huge money, but decent money. i think i have learned that i do not like small law firms. small law firms are crafted to suit the needs, interests, and personalities of usually 1 or 2 people - if I do not have the same needs, interests, and personalities - it doesn't work for me. I think I need at least 50 people collaborating in order to feel not-bristly.

    unless, of course, i am one of the 1 or 2 people, starting my own law firm, in order to suit my own needs, interests and personality. which sounds kind of nice.

    i had a few students come by for tutor hours today, which was nice. to feel useful.

    i only had one class today .... comparative law. i do not like my professor. she likes my thesis, though, and thinks that i'll be able to write a solid paper. on afghanistan. this will be fun. (not tongue in cheek.)

    E. had her first cello lesson yesterday. i love that she's playing the cello. the book group that J and I did last year with some of her friends and their moms is about to start back up. because life is not busy enough.

    i'm finally signing up for bar review. i ignored it for 2 years. now i want to take the MPRE review course, and i need to do the registration in order to sign up for it, so I'm doing it. i had to sit at a table advertising the availability of tutors today - and was right next to the BarBri table, and couldn't believe how many first year law students were signing up.

    i remember my first year. they had their tables, and they were telling us all how if we paid $200 now, we could save up to $1000 in the future. i was thinking 2 things: 1) if I pay $200 now, I can't pay the babysitter; and 2) I don't know that I'll *be* here in the future - what if I fail out? I would walk by the table with my hand covering my eyes. I couldn't handle another thing on my plate.

    and now .... i think i was right to ignore them. i pay the same $175 now that i would have 2 years ago, and any increase in barbri tuition affects me not at all. it is paid for by Summer/Future firm.

    i am bored. seriously. i just finished my tax reading for tomorrow, and i don't have anything else to do. this is weird. this is not right. i am in LAW SCHOOL.

    oh, i suppose i could work on my paper, but i'm not ready yet. the deadline has to be less than a week away for me to do any good work.

    i have to pick E. up in just over an hour, but the bike ride is less than 20 minutes, and there's really no point in going over there now.
    posted by Zuska @ 4:12 PM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?