parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, October 03, 2006
    better perspective
    First of all: I do not use my old aol email address anymore, that is true. if you want to reach me it's zuska04@gmail.com.

    _________________________

    i still don't have a position for the winter, but i'm feeling better. apparently, a lot of people are freaking out, and feeling like things aren't clicking. that makes me feel better. before today, most of the people who were doing okay were those who did not make the summer associate cut last year (at my school, not being a top 10 .... or 20 ..... or 50 ..... school, the summer associate bar is set VERY HIGH ) but yet are very impressive candidates - the co-op system gives them a second chance to try and secure Big Firm Permanent Employment, and all of those who have had this door opened to them are more than deserving, and I'm very happy for them.

    Also, those who decided, "eh, I'm set for post-grad work, I think I'll just do public interest for this final co-op" seem to be doing rather well.

    Those of us who tried for some $$ are the ones who are freaking out.

    I'm done, though. Like I said yesterday, if I end up spending the winter doing something else, I'll be fine. Something will work out, as it always does.

    Today was too hot. It was like 80 or something. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. I do not like 80 degree weather. Thursday, however, will bring back the 60 degree weather, and then I will smile again.

    Beloved and I watched t.v. last night. We saw Heroes, which I think sucks, but in the same way that show Invasion of last year sucked, which means I'll probably watch for a little while, and then abandon it when things get too crazy (for anyone who watched Invasion ... that point came when the new husband dude, the sherrif guy, had his little deputy cut his newly grown arm off with a chainsaw. All done. No more Invasion for me.) I think beloved is done already.

    The other show we watched, and which I'm liking, is Studio 60. Matthew Perry is believable and I think doing a good job; the dude from West Wing - same. I absolutely LOVE Amanda Peet's character. I love the dialogue she has, and I love that it seems that they're almost making Amanda Peet look ..... simpler. Uglier, even? She just looks so normal. There are times where her hair looks awkward, and she needs lipstick. She doesn't look FANTASTIC all the time, and that makes the show all the more believable to me. And she rocks.

    That show, I will stick with, I think. Until exams.

    Speaking of which, I have to give a seminar next week for 1Ls on outlining. I love outlines. I love outlining. I loved it more when I had a reading week, but I still find them to be delicious and helpful and a work of art. If I could upload my Fed Courts outline onto this blog, I would. And my table of cases. And my index. mmmm mmmmm.
    posted by Zuska @ 6:03 PM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?