parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Monday, July 16, 2007
    Exhausted, but Re-Macified
    Oh, my lovely computer came home today. It has a new keyboard. The keys are lovely and textured, and the letters have all their ink on them again. Or still ... since it's new.

    Today was the practice MBE a la PMBR.

    These are the things I heard today (and read just now looking for more confidence-boosting):
    • PMBR is very, very hard. The hardest practice test out there.
    • The national average of correct answers on PMBR is less than 100.
    • If you want to figure out how you'll do on the real (raw) MBE, add 35 to your PMBR score.
    Uh. Okay. Then perhaps, just perhaps, I'll say "I got a 152." That's after I apply the above to my score sheet -- which prior to application of the above left me feeling that I must have been using the a.m. answer sheet on the p.m. answers. Because it can't be 8 days out with me having that much wrong, can it? Because that is a little scary.

    I told Beloved: Today was mentally exhausting, but I'm guessing tomorrow and Wednesday will be a mental vacation. I will just be talked at for 2 days. That's how I'm justifying a) my plan to do nothing but 4 essays tonight, and b) the likelihood (a la glass #2 of wine) that I won't even do that.

    It looks like I will not be able to see the Harry Potter movie before the exam. If I had been able to go on Friday, it would have been ok, but by the time I'm done with PMBR, it's less than a week until the Real Thing, and I'm not throwing away 3+ hours on a movie. I can't do that.

    This is the new plan:

    I leave the Real Thing on Thursday ... at some time on some clock. I take the T to the theater. I buy a ticket for the next show. I shop at REI for shoes and perhaps some last minute tops/pants for the trip until that show starts. I go see the show. (Note: Beloved works until 8 p.m. or so on Thursdays).

    During the show - I zone out. I watch the movie. While I'm watching the movie, all the stress and anxiety about MBE questions #108 and 115 (today's stressors - I got both wrong), and about the essay on 93A will evaporate out of my brain. I will leave the movie ready to pack for Europe. To, for the first time since May, Think About Other Things.

    Hell, I may even have sex on Thursday night (next Thursday!! Next!!!).

    Labels: ,

    posted by Zuska @ 7:19 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Monday, July 16, 2007 8:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      You should check out Paris' new bike service while you're there. You basically check out a bike from any metro stop and return it the same way. For way less than the cost of a cab you can spend your time seeing the city rather than spending so much time underground. http://www.cnn.com/2007/TRAVEL/getaways/07/16/paris.bicycles.ap/index.html

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?