parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Monday, February 26, 2007
    No Surprises, No Real Disappointments
    Beloved and I watched the entire Oscar show. Red carpet through to the final credits. Man, I'm tired. And we have to get the girls out the door by 7:45 in the morning! Too bad we aren't still on the west coast, where it's 9:24 p.m. right now, not 12:24.

    Yeah for Al Gore!!! His little joke when he was on the stage with Leo was so cute, where he pretending that he was making an announcement (that he'd run for President), and then the "end of speech" music played before he could get it out. So cute.

    I hope to hear a real announcement soon.

    I am so happy that Helen Mirren won for The Queen. I enjoyed Departed enough, and the cast was fantastic enough, that I am not upset at all that it took best picture.

    I was a little sad that Pan's Labrynth didn't get Foreign Language Film, but it got two others, and I have heard a lot about how excellent The Lives of Others is, and can't wait to see it.

    I think my biggest disappointment would have been if the little girl in Little Miss Sunshine won - mostly because of the fact that almost *every* clip of her acting that is played is her scream. I can scream. My kids can scream. I don't think a scream makes for an Oscar.

    I also would have been very disappointed if Devil Wears Prada won anything. Meryl Streep should have been ashamed. Stupid movie.

    I hope that in the coming year I will find more opportunities to watch movies throughout the year, rather than smooshing all of my viewings into a 1 month period.

    Now we're staying up to try and get an idea of what's going on with the weather. Flights are already canceled in New York, but we're hearing that we're not getting even an inch. Shitty winter.

    Labels: ,

    posted by Zuska @ 12:23 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?