parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Saturday, February 24, 2007
    anxiety, already?
    I had a bad dream this morning. I dreamed that Future Firm sent me an e-mail that they wanted to have me work in their Connecticut office (in real life, they don't have a Connecticut office). I felt that I could just tell them no, but Beloved and I talked about it and thought "huh, we could get a house cheaper in Connecticut" but then I had the -dingdingding- of "oh, the girls would have to move and switch schools!" and I got up and walked into the office of the person who sent the e-mail (apparently, this office was attached to my mother's living room, where were discussing where in Connecticut to live). I told them, "you know, this won't really work for me, my kids are in school here, and I pretty much need to be here, like we previously agreed to." And they (administrators, not lawyers) told me - too bad, so sad.

    So I started to cry. And they basically offered me $10,000 to just go away (not because I was crying, but because I wasn't agreeing to the reassignment) - that they were SURE I could find a job elsewhere. So I cried more, and started blathering on about offer and acceptance - and they said no, the offer and acceptance was to work for the FIRM, not in the city. I told them they were wrong, and I knew they were wrong, because people who had yet to decide on their city had the same deadline to make that decision as they did to accept the offer (or some such nonsense - it was a dream).

    Eventually, the partner who actually offered me the job came into the room, and asked what was going on. I explained to her that I can't move to Connecticut. She rolled her eyes, went to her office, got her notes from our offer meeting, handed them to the administrators and said, "she's right - our agreement was that she would work here, now let it go."

    And I woke up. Relieved to remember - there is no Connecticut office.

    Insecure much?

    Labels:

    posted by Zuska @ 10:03 AM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?