parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, February 01, 2007
    Is he really in a frame of mind to get married tomorrow?
    I posted yesterday about what I saw and still see as Boston's ridiculousness.

    Today, I got back to my office after my crazy day and checked my personal email - Beloved had written to apologize in advance for the fact that he left teh kitchen a mess. As if he needs to apologize for that. He doesn't work typical hours on Thursdays - he works from 2-8 p.m. Therefore, as any just and right family would decide, Thursdays are my day to cook.

    Problem today being twofold: 1) I feel like shit; 2) I have my book group tonight. Even though we had my favorite soup on Monday - I wanted more. I have a cold, and I think it's turning into a sinus infection. I've been sleeping poorly. We are getting MARRIED tomorrow (hello???) and I need to get well. So when Beloved said yesterday a.m. (perhaps in a joking manner) that perhaps I would want him to make another vat of the soup ... I jumped on the opportunity. YES YES YES!!

    The reason why the kitchen is a mess is because that very kind and loving man spent his morning before work cooking soup FOR ME. That he won't even get to eat at normal dinner time.

    He definitely didn't need to apologize.

    But he did. And he gave an excuse. He said, "I am running late."

    Wanna know why? Because while MY post about yesterday held some vaguely sarcastic tones and allusions to the city's inanity, my darling love ripped every single person involved a new one. Even some who weren't involved - like George Bush and Dick Cheney (although I'm not sure he mentions them by name).

    I mean wow - did he go OFF or what?

    I think when he gets home tonight, after getting the kids to bed (while I'm off babbling about my book), and after hopefully slurping down some soup, he will be happy to read this article: stating that the judge who had the advertising boys in front of her questioned whether they had the requisite intent to be prosecuted under this anti-hoax statute.

    OF COURSE THEY DIDN'T! I mean, DUH!!! It wasn't an advertising campaign designed to look like bombs. "Advertising through the shutting down of roads and rivers"? No! The point was to have the lite brites light up at night, and make people say "hey, why is that meatball giving me the finger?"

    I'm sure that the stupid city's attorney can find some statute or city ordinance saying that people aren't allowed to climb on the underside of bridges without a permit. Or that advertising cannot be placed on city property without a permit. If they want to slap the boys with that - then go for it. But this is just ridiculous.
    posted by Zuska @ 4:26 PM  
    3 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?