parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, January 26, 2007
    Busy February
    Who knew that February would be such a busy month? I thought it was a "hunker down and light a fire" month, but nooooooo. It's not.

    The ex is coming this weekend, we're going away next weekend. Then on the weekend of the 10th and 11th, we may or may not go to a fund raiser at the girls' school, and then the weekend after that ...

    MY SISTER IS COMING!!! MY SISTER IS COMING!!!

    Woo hoo!! She was going to come over Christmas, but tickets got so expensive, and since she's in California, it became cost prohibitive.

    So she's coming over the long President's Day weekend.

    Of course, she's bringing her son, who loves my girls and my girls love him. The kids are all very excited.

    She's going to my parents' house, not mine - which means, we're going to my parents' house. I'll go after work on the Friday, and then when she leaves on Monday afternoon, I will be taking the girls to meet their father, b/c the following week is their February vacation, and they're visiting with him.

    Friday the 16th was going to be my last day of work. I thought that I had the girls that week - the ex and I had talked about splitting the week, and he had at one point said that for HIS part, he was going to come to Boston, and just take the girls off on day trips. I think it ended up that his parents want to visit with the girls, too, though, so they're going to go to him. I think he basically decided we're NOT splitting the week? Although I do get to keep them until Monday. (But this whole thing makes it so I have to return to this other state the NEXT weekend to pick up the girls.)

    Well, that Monday is President's Day, and then the following is a 4 day week. I thought - why not work? Beloved and I can still go out for dinner and movies in the evenings if we want, and I can always use the money, and otherwise - 2 weeks off could be a bit much for me. Especially since most of the things I'd want to do require spending money (i.e., a hair cut).

    So I contacted the powers that be here at work and asked for the extra week. They said yes.

    Now my last day is the 23rd. I then have a week off before classes start. A week where the kids are in school, and I can blissfully do what I want during the day (except that on that Thursday, I committed to volunteer for something at the school). Blissfully. Ha. I plan on making an appointment for a pap smear. Ooooh, joy. Such overwhelming bliss.

    Since my insurance is through the school and we have a weird system, I go to the health center on campus. I could, if I wanted to, buy books while I'm there.

    I don't want to buy books. I had such a horrid experience buying books last quarter, I am seriously considering just NOT buying any this quarter. Or at least waiting to see if I can get away with using those on reserve at the library.
    posted by Zuska @ 8:49 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?