parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, December 21, 2006
    Post-Solstice
    It was great!!

    J.'s proclamation at dinner: "I love our family."

    That was *before* we moved into gifts. She said she loves the people in her family, and the way we run it. That we do fun things, and have good ideas.

    That was nice.

    I think they lvoed their books -- they spent a good deal of time leafing through every page when they received them (although I do think it inspired some melancholy in Em), and then later, after everything else was done, they switched, and spent some time leafing through each other's. It was nice for me.

    The idea of kids spending time with each gift --- rather than ripping wrapping off one after the other after the other --- is my idea of a fulfilling holiday.

    Tonight qualified.

    Every gift was given attention and thanks.

    I appreciate my children!!!

    We are having Christmas at my parents'. This is the girls gift list (from us):

    E.:
    Prismacolor pencils and a giant sketch book
    A giraffe print iPod Nano cover
    a DVD: The Music Man (1961)
    a book or so
    a game
    [from my mother: a digital camera(!!!); earrings; clothes (I think))

    J:
    Sculpey; with tools and instruction book;
    a giant sketch book;
    fancy pencils and lead refills (b/c she is a budding writer)
    a DVD: Sound of Music
    a book or so
    a game
    [from my mother: a digital camera (!!!); earrings; clothes (I think)).

    not too much - not too little. It's hard - b/c if you ask them what they want, they look at you like you have 2 heads.

    This could be b/c we have succeeded in raising non-materialistic children ..... or it could be b/c we (I) spoil them so rotten during the year that the idea of waiting until Christmas to get what they want is foreign to them :)

    I asked them tonight ... if we were to have Christmas (i.e., December 25th) together, but NOT with my parents, what would they want to do?

    E. said she would want a fun/fancy breakfast; stockings; and an afternoon at the movies. Not major gifts.

    This pleases me.

    It also pleases me that I'm mostly DONE. All I have to do is get my mom some earrings (at lunchtime tomorrow), my brother an iTunes gift card (at whatever CVS or Walgreens I feel like stopping at), and his wife some stinky lotion, or a basket thereof. Then I'm done.

    Amen.
    posted by Zuska @ 9:44 PM  
    2 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?