parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, December 24, 2006
    Movie Meme!!

    I got tagged over at unblague. I am excited. I like memes.

    I also think that She Says would like to know that one of j.'s Christmas presents this year? Sound of Music. It was on t.v. last night, and we wouldn't let her watch it, under the auspices of it "being too long" when in fact, it was b/c it was sitting under the tree, and we knew she'd want to watch it upon opening.

    Movie meme

    The holiday season is when the networks traditionally broadcast the tried and true favorite movies to draw in all of us who are overstuffed with cookies and candy and have no interest in moving off of the sofa (especially if it's cold out).

    Well, that inspired this movie meme... here ya' go:

    1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
    Neverending Story.

    2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.
    So I Married an Axe Murderer --- we had a dollar theater near school, and this movie CRACKED ME UP - so we went often.

    3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
    Javier Bardem. I first saw him in The Dancer Upstairs, where he played a relatively dumpy middle aged investigator of some sort. I next saw him playing some dashing young fella with long hair. I was so impressed. I love him.

    4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
    Nicolas Cage. I don't like him.

    5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
    I used to quote the Juliette Lewis character from Cape Fear all the time. I loved impersonating her. Again, that was college.

    6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
    Most definitely, like She Says, Grease.

    7. Name a movie that have been known to sing along with.
    Grease AND Grease II.

    8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
    Wings of Desire. Which they have on stage right now, I read - I think just in Boston.

    9. Name a movie that you own.
    Wings of Desire.

    10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
    Will Smith. Or Marky Mark.

    11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
    I do not think so. I have a vague memory of being at a drive-in, but I think it's manufactured. If so, I do not remember the movie.

    12. Ever made out in a movie?
    No.

    13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it.
    Now THAT is a long list ..... The Departed; the New Bond Movie; Stranger than Fiction; Blood Diamond; and anything else released since summer (see below).

    14. Ever walked out of a movie?
    No.

    15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
    It's not hard for my emotions to be tugged at by what's on the screen. I cry almost at everything that's designed to make me cry. I therefore cannot right now think of a particular time.

    Once, in 1st year Crim Law, my professor played Sophie's Choice to show true Duress --- the part where she is told to choose b/t her kids. And I found myself BAWLING. I mean .... I don't even know what happened. I just was spewing tears. I was so embarassed. I think b/c everyone knew I had kids, people tended to look at ME during the scene to see how I'd react, and boy did I give them a show.

    16. Popcorn?
    No. Milk Duds. And water.

    17. How often do go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
    Beloved and I used to go a lot when the girls left town - even double features. But the past few times they've traveled, we've rented moves - even though there's a lot out that I'd love to see. So, I would say 2-3 times a year. Which kinda sucks.

    18. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
    Beloved and I are stunned to think that it was Pirates of the Carribean II. Either that or Talledega Nights. But it was in the summer.

    19. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
    In the theater? The kind of movie that Beloved and I (well, Beloved started it) term "big dumb movies" -- lots of special effects, big noises, preferably (for me) giant tidal waves smashing into buildings. Bond; War of the Worlds; that kind of thing.

    20. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

    It was either E.T. or one of the Star Wars movies ... I think it was the second Star Wars that I remember seeing, but I'm not certain. I by FAR remember seeing E.T. I guess I was 10.


    I (of course) tag my Beloved, and Lyco.

    Labels:

    posted by Zuska @ 10:14 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?