parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Monday, September 25, 2006
    Birthday details.
    we are all so exhausted today, it isn't even funny. i HURT i'm so tired. and i'm not even sure it's "lack of sleep" tired as much as just sheer exhaustion. the idea of getting up and coming to school was just painful this a.m. now i'm here, and the idea of going to classes is painful.

    it's Emz' real bday. the day she turns 10. She was born like, exactly 4 hours ago, 10 years ago today. At either 12:51 or 12:59 a.m. Julez was born at the OTHER time, in the p.m., so i can never keep straight which time was which. i think Emz was 12:59, so it's 8 minutes shy of exactly 4 hours ago. (I'm accounting for the different time zone she was born in.)

    beloved and I have a lot to do. he is going to make her the meal of her choice (spaghetti squash with meat sauce) and a cake. And since he cleaned out the fridge and cabinets before we left, he has to do some major shopping first. He also has to take care of some formalities for his potential job opportunity, AND!!

    try to find his carry on bag that the cabbie left in the trunk last night. the trunk of the cab. the cab from a company. we don't know what company. we stood in a line at the airport and got in the next one that drove up, and NONE of us paid attention to which cab company it was. Emz said this a.m. she thinks the guy's Cab Medallion was 206.... and then some other number. Julez said it had an ESPN ad on the top (helpful). I sat in the front, and all I know is it had a GPS thing, which most cabs do NOT have around here, so that may actually be a useful clue. He started to call cab companies last night, but they informed us that they don't track airport pick ups - BUT!! there is a central lost-and-found for all cab companies. he got the phone # for that, and is going to call today. I think he's gonna get his bag back. he thinks he is not. he thinks someone will try to sell his 2 cameras, his iPod, and his cell phone.

    I have to go and pick up a book that Julez wants to give her sister, and then i have to go to the Paper Source and get some awesome paper to wrap both the book AND Emz' iPod in.* Did I mention that I got her an iPod? She's gonna FLIP OUT, and Julez may throw a fit of jealousy. But Future Firm gave me an MP3 player of sorts over the summer that I tucked away to appease Julez upon the giving of the iPod to Emz.

    Emz is a little young for an iPod, I think. But ... it was free. It came with my MacBook. It's a very small Nano, with only .... 256 MBs? I think? It was the $129 one, before they came out with all the fancy colors for the Nano. And she won't be allowed to take it to school.

    Anyway. We have a LOT to do. And I have 3 classes today, and quite honestly, i'm not prepared for any of them. i'm exhausted. it's my daughter's birthday. she's a whole decade old.

    so i think i'm going to continue sitting in Au Bon Pain (where the music has been quite pleasant this a.m.), figure out my thesis for my Comparative Law paper, read my Professional Responsibility assignment, and go home. Notice the lack of attendance of classes that I listed here? I think I'll be much more productive in my own world today than in class, trying to interact with professors and such. Also, Emz wants me to pick her up at 5, and if I don't get out of class until 4:30, no gifts will be wrapped, no books will be bought ... nothing will get done. (except i'll have gone to class.)

    * This is where I get embarassed of who I am capable of becoming once the income increases. Why do I have to go and buy fancy paper that is $2.25/sheet? It is so gorgeous and beautiful, true, but why can't I just ... MAKE something gorgeous and beautiful? like, out of a paper bag? oh yeah, I'm in law school. and i have blog posts to write. but seriously - i'm going to be stuck in my big firm job for the rest of my life because of my tastes in damned wrapping paper.
    posted by Zuska @ 8:51 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?