parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, September 19, 2006
    tomorrow's departure
    i am in the library, where i've been for approx 5 hours, trying to get reading for next week out of the way, so I don't come home from VACATION all backed up. Despite the distractions of updating iTunes and my iPod and downloading some TV Shows to my Pod so I can watch it on the plane, and making lists and lists and lists of all the things I need to pack for me and the girls (fortunately, Beloved is 100% self-sufficient), I've been relatively successful. Interpret that as you wish.

    Our plane takes off at approximately 4 p.m. tomorrow, and we'll land in California at 7 their time. We're hoping to get settled into the hotel in enough time to enjoy a pre-bedtime swim in the pool on the roof of our hotel. Disneyland doesn't open until 10 a.m. the following day, which is kind of nice, because we won't have to jump out of bed and go crazy to get there at the first raising of the gate (that's beloved's influence, right there - the first raising of the gate nonsense).

    It is a little strange that we're taking off, just as we're settling into our new routines. The girls are each missing soccer practice (but no games, a la Yom Kippur), Emz is missing one of her acting/theater practices (but it's a new production, so it's not so vital - the main point of this session is handing out roles ... that's how young this is), and Julez is missing something in her classroom called "Mystery History" where the kids put things about themselves into a brown paper bag, and the other kids have to guess who it is. This was her thought on that:

    I'm a little disappointed to miss it, because I think it would be fun, but in 23 years, I'm not going to remember the silly mystery history thingamajiggy, but I *will* remember flying to California and going to Disneyland!!!

    Beloved and I both have potentially large job things coming up while we're gone. His is bigger than mine, b/c it's not just a co-op, but it's also okay, b/c the people who are involved are actively recruiting him for this amazing, fantastic, unbelievable, dreams-coming-true opportunity. And he has his ducks in a row, and all will be fine.

    We just need to bring the computer with us, so we can be checking our emails and electronic bulletin boards and such.

    then there's the MAJOR ISSUE. Grey's Anatomy season premiere - while we're in the park. ho hum. i have TRIED to make myself seem like a reasonable creature by suggesting that SINCE the park closes at 8 p.m., and SINCE the kids will want to play in the pool and SINCE i look like shit in a bathing suit, perhaps beloved could take them to the pool, while i go up to the hotel room and watch my show.

    perfectly reasonable? no?

    I got a VERY DIRTY LOOK. I got glared at, for a LONG TIME. His eyes were SLITS, I tell you. and they didn't open soon after!

    So uh, yeah. I'm probably gonna miss that, too.

    I watched it last night. I was upset with my mother, and upset with my daughter (I was the guts of a Difficult Person Generational Sandwich), and I didn't want to deal with my irritation and grouchiness, so I plugged in Disk 1 of Season 2 (from Netflix) and disappeared into Dr. Burke and ectopic pregnancies and poor little (i think) funny looking Meredith saying "choose me!" for 2 hours and 15 minutes.

    but see that? Disk ONE. I am NOT caught up. I have no way to catch up. I was hoping to finish Disk 1; mail Disk 1; Receive Disk 2 -- all before the trip, so i could watch it in the beautiful glory that is my MacBook on the way to California (it does play movies oh so beautifully) - but no such luck. Disk 1 is getting mailed today. Disk 2 will likely arrive on Thursday - perhaps Friday.

    I also requested it from my library, but I seem to be #14 in line.

    beloved pretends it's a dumb show, and that he hates it - but he watches it with me. sometimes, he gets up to leave the room with a comment like, "oh, i'm done wasting my time with this ridiculous-ness" and then his shadow will stay in the hallway for another 10 minutes.

    Just like with Lost. He doesn't deny it anymore with Lost.
    posted by Zuska @ 1:59 PM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?