parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, September 24, 2006
    he's at it again!!
    as i've mentioned in the past, i went to Jerry Falwell's "Liberty University" for undergrad. And I said that I hate having to tell people that I went to school there, and that I really really really think that man is atrocious, and horrid, and nasty. Well, he's at it again. This time, he's said that if Hillary Clinton runs for president in 2008, his "flock" will be motivated to rally for whichever pale, pasty white man the GOP puts forward than if the "devil himself" were running on the democratic ticket.

    You know, I don't want Hillary Clinton to run for President. I don't like her. I don't like her views, I don't like how she walks the middle of the road to the point that she doesn't appear to have a real position on much. I don't find her nearly as endearing as her husband. At least, as he's become since he was president. When he was president, I was a Rabid Republican ... I was softening around the time that he was being impeached, and I thought it was horrid, what was happening. I went from thinking he should step down to "spare the nation this indignity" to thinking he was right for standing up to the attacks. That was my transformation period ... nothing to do with him, though.

    I don't like Hillary, I don't want her to run, and if she does ..... well, I won't vote Republican, so I have no threat.

    What I found more interesting about the Falwell story was the following, which is far from focused on, but which I find even more problematic than his equating an annoying human being to the DEVIL:
    Attendees also were assured during the prayer breakfast that God would preserve a Republican majority in Congress.
    What the hell? This is the same crap my kids were told in Sunday School at my parents' church a couple of years ago, which made it so that they will NEVER attend again. Is this really our country? God has a political affiliation? really? is that the definition of faith? of god? of religion in america? Republican???

    again .... i can't believe that my persona on paper is so intertwined with this man.
    posted by Zuska @ 9:57 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?