parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, April 14, 2006
    sometimes, my head spins.
    I saw this at Angry Pregnant Lawyer, and thought it was right up my alley ... Lists, yummy. It is similar to one I'd done in the past, but just different enough for me to justify playing.

    20 Years Ago I...

    1. Was getting ready to graduate from 8th grade.
    2. Had a crush on Brandy Kearns.
    3. Got my first perm as a reward for a good report card.

    10 Years Ago I...
    1. Was living in Alabama, and was 4 months pregnant with my first child.
    2. Was working as a legal secretary in a large {relatively} firm in Birmingham.
    3. Was trying out an Episcopal church with my then-husband, b/c the Baptists were on our nerves - but just couldn't fathom a church that condoned homosexuality.

    5 Years Ago I...
    1. was working out approximately 3 hours a day, seven days a weekand looked rather good,
    2. was absolutely oblivious as to how much my life would change within the next 6 months (i.e., marriage falling apart)
    3. Was living in student housing in Berkeley, California where my husband, daughters and I had approximately 650 sf to share.

    1 Year Ago I...
    1. Was freaking out about exams after my first year of law school.
    2. Was making the decision to Teach a Class in the fall of my 2nd year of law school.
    3. Saw my first Boston Marathon from a spot approximately 7 blocks from my home, and had a Kenyan runner collapse at my feet, a mere 1.[something] miles from the finish line.

    So Far This Year I...
    1. Have finally gotten back to the gym.
    2. Saw an accupuncturist about my miserable complexion, and had very positive results.
    3. Have really enjoyed my children's rapid maturing and increasing independence and personality developments.

    Yesterday I...
    1. Went to Class.
    2. Received a box of CANDY from my Summer Firm, despite the fact that I'd rather not be eating the crap.
    3. Read aloud with my daughters (each in turn) for the first time in weeks.

    Today I...
    1. Spent hours in a bookstore with my daughters.
    2. Worked out for 1.2 hours.
    3. Enjoyed a beautiful 70 degree day both riding my bike to/from school, and walking around my quaint little town with the kids.

    Tomorrow I will ...
    1. Do approx. 6 loads of laundry.
    2. Take my kids to the airport to visit their father for about a week
    3. Have dinner out with Beloved (although we haven't discussed this yet).
    posted by Zuska @ 5:43 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?