parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, April 14, 2006
    I'm never eating a fast food restaurant again!!
    I took the kids to the bookstore today in order to buy some "treats" for Spring-like holidays. We bought a LOT of books. I had said I would get them each a couple books - but we walked away with four for each of them, and 2 for me.

    Thing Two got engrossed in a book called Chew on This which is a kids' version of Fast Food Nation. I perused Fast Food Nation a few years ago, and saw just enough to make me draw my light and semi-erasable line about fast food restaurants into a thick, bold sharpie line. I told the things at the time why we don't eat fast food anymore, and they haven't complained or begged, and often will protest if we find ourselves on a road trip with a short-list of options.

    Anyway, Thing Two is reading it in small batches b/c she is being made nauseous. The girls are wandering around saying, "there is poop in the meat!" [direct quote from the book.] This is the first time the kids have purposefully bought a non-fiction book, and I love that they're really enjoying it.

    I bought my own copy of one of my favorite books of all time, Blindness, by Jose Saramago, and Queen Bees and Wannabes - a book about girls and their social world, and the kinds of arguments that they get in. I guess you can call it a parenting book. There is another book called Odd Girl Out, which is along the same lines that i'm interested in, but they were out of it. Last year, I felt that I had one Queen Bee, and one Odd Girl Out. Now this year, things are all turned around, and I think that both my girls are just fine.

    Now Thing Two is reading, and Thing One is .... um, sewing. I have no freaking CLUE whose daughter she is. She is doing one of her 'projects' - wherein a box that i received in the mail yesterday is being turned into a fairy house, and she making a bed for the fairy, out of some fabric from an old pair of pants which she is stuffing with styrofoam.

    And I am blogging. Beloved is coming home a wee bit early, and we have nacho and movie night planned for this eve of the girls' departure to the Middle of the Country for the better part of a week.
    posted by Zuska @ 5:00 PM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?