parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Monday, April 10, 2006
    starting out with a deficit
    I don't know why it seems like a good idea to go away for the weekend sometimes. It's actually not a good idea. yet i keep doing it. it has been a while since our last trip, and that may be why i was deluded into thinking it would be "fun" or "relaxing."

    We got back home late last night - around 9:30 or 10 (which is late when you have kids and 50 pages of Fed Courts left to read). I read for a couple hours (got 1/2 way through), and spoke with my sis, who was having a hard time with some things, and then suffered from "it's midnight, and i'm wide awake"-itis. Typical for me on a Sunday night, and even more typical when I've only been home for 2.5 hours.

    So I was up until 2, and then slept like crap until 6:30, and now am exhausted. then i remembered that i have a research meeting at 10 today, and i had meant to do some of that research over the weekend - it's why i brought my computer to my parents' house. But I didn't do any, and I can't show up to the meeting empty handed, so I skipped Corporations (oh, can you hear my heart breaking???)

    Fortunately, the research went well. Westlaw pulled through for me, and I found the appropriate key number for my issue and was able to instantly find dozens of cases in all 4 jurisdictions that i am responsible for. i'm not *done* - b/c I haven't read any of the cases, but I know they exist, and I know the shortcuts, and that's good.

    but usually over the weekend i try and get my reading done for Monday and Tuesday, b/c I have virtually no time in between the two - but with going to my parents' - that didn't happen. i really don't know when i will get stuff done.

    i hate this. i feel like hte week is just a write-off, and i should just forget even TRYING.

    But alas, i will try. the girls are going away next week for some time with the ex, and i will have some time to re-coop and to start outlining. so if i can limp through this week, all will be well.

    the problem is - i really feel like i need to SLEEP. like i am incapable of limping along without sleep.

    sleeeeeeeeeppppp.
    posted by Zuska @ 9:22 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?