parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, April 13, 2006
    No, I have not won the superbowl
    I am feeling better than I was in my last post. We fell behind at least one class on the syllabus in 2 classes, so my 2 classes behind is is now only one, and I feel that I can catch up without too much pain. I got to the gym today, and had a nice workout.

    I was upset, however, when I showed up to find MY stairmaster gone, and some NEW stairmaster in its place. I like that it has a heart rate thingy on it, but I don't like having to figure out new levels and such. It wasn't so bad, though.

    beloved and i have been doing (at least) 2 things: 1) Figuring out some re-organization of the joint; and 2) Way pre-planning our September trip to a Disney Resort.

    1) i am feeling some pressure to get things patched up in the house - things we've put off, etc., b/c I am having Thing Two's bookgroup here in a couple of weeks (eeeek! aghhhh!!) Just little things (for the most part) - like we're looking for a contraption to hang our bikes up on so they're not jutting into the kitchen all the time. The Things are gone this coming week, and we have a zipcar, and we plan to go to IKEA (we're getting a new coffee table - the one we have right now is one that we literally found on the side of the street on Christmas Eve 2 years ago, and since we had plans to do a puzzle on Christmas Eve Day, we grabbed it. It's really .... not perfect), and perhaps REI to get the bike thing.

    2) approx 2 years ago, beloved and I planned a trip to southern CA with the Things (we lived in Berkeley). We told them that we were really sick of our futon as a couch, it was hurting our backs, and we therefore needed a new couch. We told them there was a place down in Southern CA from which we could buy a couch, and so we were going away for the weekend in order to pick and purchase a couch. They just accepted it. why Thing Two accepted that we were going COUCH SHOPPING on her 6th birthday is beyond me. When we picked them up from school in a regular 4-door sedan, Thing One had the momentary wherewithall to ask where the HECK we were going to fit a couch, but when we told her we were having it delivered -- duh! she (again) accepted that.

    We drove 6 hours to Southern CA, and into our hotel parking lot while the kiddos were asleep. The next a.m., we got them dressed, and I went out by myself to get some Egg McMuffins for the group of us, and after we ate, we crossed the street, walked under MANY signs that less gullible children would have noticed {proficient readers, hello!} and had to AT THE VERY GATE tell the girls, "we are at Disneyland! We are not going couch shopping! Happy Birthday Thing Two!"

    Honestly, they did not believe us!! They were looking around all befuddled. I remember when Thing One finally believed it, she was so hysterical with surprise. It was a lot of fun.

    We know we can't do that again. I think they'll forever be wary of us from now on. But we promised that we'd go back when they were 8 and 10, and that it would be for Thing One's bday this time. Last time, they were kind of little (6 and 8), and they were too scared of Splash Mountain (I almost thought about getting a DNA test, at that point). They weren't tall enough for all the rides, and Thing Two was pretty sensitive, and was scared of the Pirates of the Carribean. We had a fantastic time, and more than enough to do, but we knew that in a couple years, things would be even MORE perfect.

    And thanks to my summer employment, we are able to make good on that promise. We will be flying to Disneyland in September. I am boycotting Florida for the rest of my life, and Beloved grew up in Land's backyard, and so --- we're going cross country instead of just southward to World. I got a bee in my bonnet that we needed to have a budget estimate, so that I can be wise with this summer's money (as if I am *ever* wise with money), and so we started looking around at hotels and restaurants and car rentals and airfare. We're excited now. Too bad it's 5+ months away!!!
    posted by Zuska @ 10:52 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?