parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, January 18, 2007
    Random Bits
    1. I love Rufus Wainwright.
    2. My "grades" are due to be e-mailed to me either today or tomorrow. This is bad. It means that I will be obsessively (more than usual) checking my e-mail all day -- likely both days. If my school gives a window, they're going to push the very outer edge of it. I'll likely get an e-mail upon arriving HOME from work tomorrow. Either that, or I'll find a posting on my school bulletin board at 4:45 tomorrow saying that something went wrong with the software, and it won't be until next week. Yet, today, I start being obsessive. I started wondering if it could be done alphabetically, and so perhaps I *will* get mine today.
    3. Work is still busy, but I'm down to less than a month here. Which means my brain is starting to transition, and I am less excited by things.
    4. After months of a 50-70 degree winter, we were plunged into single digits for 2 or 3 days. Today, we're climbing out, and it may snow. But climbing out of the single digits means it's time to go back to the 40s, so our snow will melt as of 9 a.m. tomorrow, when we're back out of the freezing range. Frizzum Frazzum.
    5. I CANNOT WAIT FOR FOOTBALL THIS WEEKEND. I officially declared myself a Patriots fan this year, being in the region and all. However, I've always been partial to the Colts, I am a fan of Peyton Manning (which apparently, from what I read this week on Boston.com, is akin to saying, "oh, the Yankees are a really strong team!"), and I can really get behind the Saints. So I like 3/4 of the remaining teams. Perhaps it would be MORE fun if I hated the teams (like, the Raiders, or the Cowboys, or one of the Florida teams with UGLY jerseys), but I think this seems like fun.
    6. I am getting excited about going to Europe with my Beloved. It is hard not to be disappointed that circumstances make it so that we have to go at a bad time - August. It'll be hot, expensive, and crowded. But the bar exam is when it is, and my new job starts when it starts, and the girls are with their father for very small and infrequent windows. We truly have no choice, and I believe we will have a great time.
    7. Beloved told me there's a way to keep my digital holiday music without having it pop up on shuffle on my pod -- I need to figure that out TONIGHT. I love the way Aimee Mann sings God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, but honestly - it's 1/18. I'm done with the Merriment and the Gentlemen.
    8. "Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like Me" is stuck in my head. Now everyone reading this knows what I did last night.

    I must go do some reading about Qualified Immunity.

    Labels:

    posted by Zuska @ 8:32 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?