parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, September 28, 2006
    rejected and denied!!
    I got word on the first position I interviewed for (winter co-op) --- REJECTED!!! The job was offered to the one person out of four who does not have post-graduate employment; the one person who has a penis. i am not inclined to think it's the penis that got him the job. It could just be that he worked on issues this past summer that are in the same field that this firm needs help in this winter.

    i also got word on the smaller firm that I felt to be my first choice - DENIED!! They called in 5 people for interviews and I was soooooo not one of them!

    striving not to be defeatist - to assume that I'm not going to have a job at all this winter, let alone one that comes with a paycheck. I have three interviews lined up (two tomorrow a.m., and one on Monday), and 4 firms who have yet to respond in any way.

    I am also thinking that the job who didn't pick me may end up going to a second round. The boy (you know, the one who has a penis ... or at least I presume he does), on account of his lack of post-graduate employment, has a couple of other interviews - some with large firms (who may be hiring for the long term - which this firm, that we were competing for - explicity is not). It'll be interesting to see if I at least made it as their SECOND choice.

    i'm crossing my fingers that tomorrow morning's interviews go well.

    And in the meantime, I have a few Grey's Anatomy episodes to watch. I am refusing to watch the new season until I've completed Season 2. iTunes makes this possible. I currently have disk 2 from NetFlix, but don't think I'm going to waste our Netflix options on it anymore - I can't watch enough (being in law school and all) to justify depriving the family from seeing fun and fantastic movies.

    I saw that episode that was after the Superbowl - it was the first I saw -- the one where the guy had a rocket stuck in his chest - and it was the one that hooked me. However, I didn't understand all the dynamics. So I will have to see it (them) again.

    It is the world's best show. Even if the McDreamy/Meredith story line is painfully similar to Ross and Rachel ... but whatever.
    posted by Zuska @ 9:13 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Friday, September 29, 2006 11:45:00 AM, Blogger She says said…

      Good luck on your remaining interviews!

      If there is interview karma in this world, then my friends and I have at least five stellar interviews coming our ways to make up for mine yesterday... and to keep the world in good balance.

      So, I hope the karma helps you and you get a good one.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?