parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, September 27, 2006
    Zuska the Loser
    This week is so weird. I have been working. A lot. But yet, I'm behind. In almost every class. I know that it was a decision I made to go Disneyland, and then to miss classes on Monday - but now I feel like I'm drowning!!

    I spent the 1.5 hours of my tutoring office hours this a.m. scrambling to read my 50+ page assignment for comparative law (obviousy, i was skimming, not "reading," but it wasn't too dense, so I felt good). Just to arrive to class and find out that our instructions on Monday were to swap the order of the next 2 assignments.

    So, I hadn't actually read.

    Then comes Professional Responsibility. That professor does participation by rows. So on the first day, Row 1 is up, then Row 2, and so on and so forth. I missed class on Weds., and on Monday, but I thought that the last time I was there, Row 4 was up. Which would have meant 5 on Weds., 6 on Monday, and then 1 would be today. I'm in Row 2. So I didn't read. I was too busy scrambling to NOT be prepared for Comparative Law.

    Guess what? Row 2 was on call.

    Fortunately, Comparative Law let out early, and I had 45 minutes to skim 30 pages. The book is like a Learning to Read book, so I felt okay. Then I volunteered during a discussion, thinking I could grab the bull by the horns, and not be put on the hot seat.

    Instead, the professor said, "Zuska, since you were so right on the last problem, let's see how you do with this one?" I don't think I was so right that time. I was floundering, and wasn't grounded in the rule.

    Oh well.

    And I got another interview for co-op. now I'm running out of time to go to interviews, AND catch up with my classes. Fortunately, we have no class on Monday, in honor of Yom Kippur, and Beloved is available to hang out with E and J, so I can use that whole day to bounce around in downtown if I have to.

    off to read tax for tomorrow (and perhaps Tuesday?)
    posted by Zuska @ 2:02 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:23:00 PM, Blogger The Marpepps! said…

      It made me feel better to hear you say that. This is the fourth week I've been in school and I can't seem to get my time management together. I dropped most of my extracurriculars and yet I am still totally scrambling all the time.

      Not sure what's going on there, but good to hear I'm not the only one.

       
    • At Thursday, September 28, 2006 3:35:00 PM, Blogger dlz said…

      y'know, given the problems i've been having with lost luggage and all this week i wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's astrological, mercury retrograde and whatnot. it just seems like the entire shift inot fall has tossed everything topsy.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?