parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Saturday, May 06, 2006
    Will someone PLEASE take my temperature?
    I must be ill.

    I woke this a.m. (on a *saturday*) at 7 a.m. i was sitting in front of the computer at Au Bon Pain at school by 8:15. I worked pretty much solid (only break was going to get a wrap for lunch) until 4:40.

    If this was the weekend before exams, it wouldn't be so unusual. I usually buck up at the end there - but it wasn't the weekend before exams. I still have over a week -- and i was a good, diligent student, and i feel as if I'm actually in good shape.

    What about my procrastinating nature? where did it go?

    I actually should put things more into perspective -- my Fed Courts notes are 76 pages total from the quarter, and only 16 of them have been transformed into a beautious outline.

    I love outlines. I love making them, I love looking at them, I love indexing them. I already started a chart of cases. I love that, too. Just a little "at a glance" reference for me - I have it organized by case names and by issue (i.e., where on the syllabus it relates), and it cross-references to the proper page in the outline, and has a 1 line synopsis for how the case affects its issue. mmmmm, mmmm. Outlines.

    While I was gone from the home, Beloved and the Things had a great day. I came home to the girls sacked out on the couches reading, and beloved making a delicious zucchini lasagna. He had taken them to a toy store, to a comic book store to get free comic books -- Thing Two got a Justice League comic, and Thing One got a Simpsons (huh????) comic book and a Mickey Mouse one.

    Then they had lunch, where Thing One reminded beloved that he had told her that in the summers of his childhood, he would go to the comic book store and get some comics, then go get a Slurpee, and read comic books while sipping on a slurpy. He was impressed that she remembered that little tidbit, and then they went home to get gloves and balls and bats, and played at the park for over an hour before the rain came, and then in the rain, went up the hill to 7-11 to get Slurpees.

    So I came home to them post-Slurpee, but still in the midst of their comic books. They were all happy, sweaty, flushed, and exhausted! but yet, it's 11 p.m., and they're only now going to bed, b/c we watched 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which was really good!! I was very proud of my not-yet-10-year old budding feminist for noticing that there were no women in the movie, and that it was too bad. She also later remarked that it was unusual for there to be a movie that didn't have a happy ending, and that she liked it, b/c it left you thinking about things like war and stopping war and what Capt. Nemo was trying to do, instead of just saying "happily ever after."

    I love my kids.

    I think, perhaps, even more than I love my outlines.
    posted by Zuska @ 10:42 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?