parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, May 05, 2006
    how you know exams are coming up ....
    an increase in blogging, of course. i am home this afternoon, "typing up my fed courts notes." or reminiscing about my past; commenting on the blogs of others; processing my fears of the looming summer job and its impact on my family; and reading lots of news articles.

    I also ate a great apple, have listened to several songs on my Shuffling iPod blaring through the house on my Bose doo-hicky, and tried on 2 new suits which arrived in the mail. One gets happy smiles, the other gets a horrified glance in the mirror and a stuffing back into the box.

    I was very pleased b/c one suit is too big, making me think that my gym time is paying off, and resulting in thoughts of pride and happiness. Then I read this article about the re-sizing of clothes. The timing is so perfect. And my new suit (the one I like) is an Ann Taylor. pfft.

    My Admin professor gave us our take home exam today. We have 2 weeks to get this one done -- in groups. My group is gathering tomorrow at 10 a.m. and we're hoping to finish at least the substance of it, and then take turns at polishing it. If we meet this goal, I will be so thrilled. It will be almost a stress-free exam period. Alright - that is an exaggeration. I am still taking a Fed Courts exam. And I have NO CLUE what to expect from Employment Law. The class hasn't been all that hard, and I just don't know what is lurking under the surface that I'm missing.

    So - off to process notes. Typing, then outlining. I woke up on Wednesday night, at 1:17 in the morning, tossing and turning in bed b/c I was dreaming about "zone of interest" -- that I was writing it over and over, and coming up with odd theories about how it's a prudential component of standing and therefore can be over ruled along the same lines of some fictional case that my dream made up that said judge made rules don't matter.

    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to spending the next few hours with Fed Courts. woo hoo!!!
    posted by Zuska @ 3:01 PM  
    4 Comments:
    • At Friday, May 05, 2006 5:26:00 PM, Blogger Dakota said…

      Ah, yes, the many methods of procrastination we law students come up with. We are all smart enough to know better, and yet, it seems an inherent part of our natures. Best of luck to you!

       
    • At Friday, May 05, 2006 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Mieke said…

      So are you much more relaxed this year? Last year were you a mess? Everyone I know who is their first year is terrified and anxious. They sould like they are having major meltdowns.

       
    • At Saturday, May 06, 2006 7:55:00 AM, Blogger Zuska said…

      i really don't think i had major meltdowns last year. I know people who did, but for me, it was fine. It may come back to the approach I had - treating it a bit like a job. My preparation had been steady throughout the quarter. Some people who had major meltdowns (NOT ALL) were those who IM'd throughout class or didn't show up or didn't read or prepare for class - they had a semester's worth of material to learn in a week or less. There are also people who work harder than I do all year, and then freak out still. Perhaps they need a couple of kids at home, to put things in perspective ;)

      Again now, there's an amount of WORK to get done. i'm really not freaking out about my performance at this point, and I have a relatively decent grasp of the material. But I think that was the case last year (spring was easier than fall), too.

       
    • At Saturday, May 06, 2006 11:09:00 AM, Blogger E. McPan said…

      My favorite suit is my Ann Taylor one too. It would be better though, if it had beltloops.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?