parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, November 01, 2005
    The Home Stretch - an update
    I think that after a couple more weeks of quiet, I will have some time to spend being all reflective and whatnot here.

    Being on the quarter system, I'm almost done with school!! I'm not very stressed over it, even though NEXT WEEK is my last week of classes. I feel pretty good. I only have one "real" exam, 2 take home exams, and one major paper, which is progressing nicely, I believe, and should be done before I devote myself to the others.

    Family law ended up a lot more BORING and lecture-y (as opposed to participatory) than I'd hoped for. I'm also not very fond of the professor. She's known around school as an "expert" on family law issues, and also a helluva professor (although a very difficult grader ... I mean, "evaluator"). I was underwhelmed.

    Advanced Crim was all I could have hoped for. A lot of constitutional law, a lot of really in depth analysis of cases, and tracking of different Justices' opinions through lines of cases, and just -- a lot of heft. I really like the professor who teaches this class. Last year was his first year teaching, and he is my Beloved's age (i.e., mid 40's), and he really talks to students as if we're all peers. Yet, he commands a LOT of respect, both for his Past Life and accomplishments as a criminal defense attorney and for his obvious intelligence and understanding of the law.

    Evidence is just Evidence. There's Rules. I hate rules. But I'm managing, and I think I'm able to keep it all straight.

    We were going to go back to California for Thanksgiving, but this inheritance that I've been waiting on for 10 million years hit another snafu, and i had to cancel that trip. Again. We had been planning on going in August, b/c the inheritance was going to be here by May 30. Initially, it was going to be here WELL BEFORE I started law school. Now I'm 1/2 way through, and still, no dice. I hate!!!! complaining about this, b/c I am so incredibly grateful and surprised and grateful that I'm getting this little nugget of financial help (from an Uncle who died 4 years ago at a ridiculously young age of a heart attack 3 months after his wife died at a ridiculously young age of cancer). The problem lies in the fact taht they keep giving us dates (there are 13 nephews and nieces who have been graced with this generous gift), and the dates keep coming and going. A cousin of mine canceled a wedding!! Because she thought that this would pay for it based upon promises from the attorney.

    We will stay here for Thanksgiving, and we will make an appearance at my parents' house in Connecticut. And when we get back - I start work! I'm very excited about this job.

    And I'm already looking forward to the Spring quarter, when I be nothing but a STUDENT. My students are upset that I don't come back to them when I come back to school in the Spring. And I will miss them, but I will not miss being nothing but a STUDENT!!! ahhhhh.
    posted by Zuska @ 7:51 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?