parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Saturday, October 01, 2005
    Out and About with my First Born
    Thing One and I went to see a movie today. We saw The Corpse Bride. I really liked it. When I saw the previews, I thought it would be much like Nightmare Before Christmas, because the animation looked so similar, and in the preview, there were places where there seemed to be similar characters (i.e., the brother and sister skeletons in CB seemed like the trick-or-treaters in NMBC).

    I was very pleasantly surprised. The movie was very well done, very different from NMBC, and in general, a delightful experience.

    Then we went shopping. I didn't buy much ... we got some pens in an art store - her for drawing, me for note-taking. I bought a wrap to go with my dress for the wedding (but when I got home I saw it does not match at all, but it's still very pretty, so I'll keep it), and she bought a book with her birthday money.

    We had a nice time together. The movie let out about 10 minutes after the Red Sox game ended, which is all of 5 blocks from the theater we went to, so we were afraid we'd be packed onto a train like a couple of sardines (and then I get nervous -- in a ninny-sort-of-way -- that we'll get separated, and I'll never find my darling daughter again), but surprisingly, the MBTA had actually thought about and planned for increased traffic, and trains were lined up in a row waiting to come into this station (which is THE Red Sox station ... the Fenway Station!!), and while we did not get a seat, we were far from jam-packed.

    Tomorrow I have some planned time with Thing Two and her best-best-best friend in the whole wide world. We are going to the Mall (which I/we NEVER do!) to get her ears pierced. I have reserved a zipcar so that I can venture into suburbia with all the fixins, and I have made an appointment, and we will go and adorn my child with her first foray into piercing.

    I offered Thing Two to get her tongue or eyebrow pierced, so she could join in the piercing fun. I believe she walked away from that conversation quite sure that her mother is insane.

    She may be right.
    posted by Zuska @ 11:21 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:49:00 PM, Blogger The Marpepps! said…

      I walked right by Fenway this weekend. It was sad because there were no more games to be played.

      I also walked by Northeastern. It looked like a good place.

      Shame about Thing Two, she'd look quite fetching with an eyebrow ring. Or maybe one of those Marilyn Monroes I keep seeing...

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?