parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, September 07, 2005
    Finally, I'm breathing.
    I taught a class until 11 a.m. today, and then had EVERY INTENTION of going to the library and reading for tomorrow's classes before my 2:00 meeting. EVERY INTENTION. However, I had another resume deadline (which I didn't realize until midnight last night ... fortunately I made 6,000,000 copies at the start of all this OCI madness, so everything was on hand).

    Then I had to be in front of Career Services at 12 on the dot to sign up for the interview I've been granted. I ate lunch in the meantime.

    Then I IM'd with my mother for a little bit. My brother is getting married in a month, and my mother is OBSESSED. She's mostly obsessed with what she is going to wear. Now she got a dress, and she's obsessed with constantly trying the dress on. She's trying to get obsessed over what *I* am going to wear, but I'm not allowing it. No way. She sends me links to dresses, she brings me skirts when she comes to town, and I just .... well, ignore her. I don't have time for this right now!! I don't care what I wear! I'll find something a WEEK before the wedding, not a month. I'm mad at my brother anyway.

    He's getting married on a THURSDAY. Isn't that reason to be angry? a THURSDAY!! In another state. Granted, I can drive, but it takes almost 3 hours (without traffic). Thing One and Thing Two are in the wedding. So I *must* be at the dress rehearsal ... on a WEDNESDAY!! And that week, there's no school on Tuesday because of Rosh Hashanah, and so my Tuesday classes will likely schedule make ups for Friday. Which means .... I may miss 2 days of classes.

    Okay - I got sidetracked. So I stopped IMing with my mother, and I looked at Family Law. I surveyed the amount of reading. Thumbed through the pages. Then I thought OH!! I forgot to fill out the enrollment packets for the After School Program for Thing One and Thing Two! So I started that. I hate doing that. I have to answer the same questions 50,000 times so they can have the information in 3 different places. Then, there's a whole new packet, with another 50,000 questions for the SECOND child. I got bored of it, and the forms were making me think of questions, so I called them to confirm when I needed to bring in the info, and asked a bunch of questions. Turns out I don't have to rush, so I put their redundant forms away. For now.

    And now it's less than an hour until my meeting. Come on. How much reading can I *really* get done in less than an hour? I'd say, um, NONE! (Since I'm not reading!) Perfect time to check the blogs, see who's updated, email my sister, you know, the IMPORTANT things.

    Hell, I deserve it. I went to bed at ONE after prepping for my class, got up at 6 to go running (oh, nooooo, my hesitance in buying a dress for the wedding has noooothhhing to do with my secret hope that I can drop a good 5-10 pounds before October, absolutely nooooot, it's all to do with my MOTHER!) The past 2 weeks have been some weird form of self-abuse.

    So yes, I'm relaxing. I may even go get my iPod, and put my book on, and lean back and close my eyes for 10 minutes. Imagine. The horror.
    posted by Zuska @ 1:05 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?