parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, August 26, 2005
    Establishing New Routines
    Well, today is my last day of summer. I had a wonderful 2 weeks staying home with Thing One and Thing Two. But now the days of going swimming, to the park, the library for hours on end, and watching goofy cartoons are over.

    Starting tomorrow, they're going off for a few days with my parents on a fun trip, because on Sunday, I start orientation for my facilitating/teaching endeavor, which continues into Monday (where I need to stand up in front of allllllll the IL's, and introduce myself, and make some pro-social justice project schpeel that somehow works to make the 1L's assigned to my group think, 'hey, she's cool! i'm excited that i'll be in her class, dude!'). And classes start on Tuesday.

    So it is time. Time to find the new flow. The new niches of time which I can exploit for reading cases, writing my papers, and any other duties that may crop up this semester.

    I am also bound and determined that this semester, I will find time to exercise. Daily. I live in a nice hilly area, very conducive to my style of walking/jogging. We also have a lot of stair paths, which wind me much more than any stairmaster has managed in the past. And when the weather is crappy, my school has a very nice gym.

    It will also be nice to get back on the bike. I ride to/from school whenever possible (i.e., when it's not either over 100 degrees, or snowing/icing). It is only a 20 minute ride (which includes lots of time sitting at lights and negotiating traffic), but yet, on public transit, it can take over an hour to get to school. I love riding my bike to school. I feel very portable. Relying on public transit, and dealing with the transfers from bus to bus or train to train or bus to train ... it's exhausting and constricting.

    And of course, back to the reading for classes until 12 or 1 a.m. woo hoo.
    posted by Zuska @ 8:03 AM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?