parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, August 04, 2005
    To temp or not to temp
    My summer internship is pretty much over. (see, there's a reason for the mass posting hysteria over here.) Last week was officially the end, but yesterday there was an interesting trial that I wanted to see and today I thought I was going to go to a sattelite court with my judge, but he ended up going on his own b/c he was getting together with some friends in that area at the end of the work day. So I got today to do nothing. Or rather, to prep my resume, to work on my research assistantship, to meet with a professor about my future career prospects (an encouraging conversation), and to post 1700 posts to my blog.

    As I said in the previous post, my girly-q's are coming home a wee bit early from their dad's house. That means that between my internship and the return of my Motherhood, I only have 1 week. It was supposed to be 3 weeks, before I gave most of this week away, and before they were going to come home early. So I was going to do some temp work. For, you know, $$. Odd concept to me, after a year of law school and a summer of working FOR FREE for the Judge.

    Despite it being only one week that I have available, I went to a temp agency and signed myself up. She said she did have at least one job for next week. I groaned inside, hoping that perhaps, just perhaps, nothing would be out there. I will survive without making the extra $$. My Beloved covers most (or all?) of our household expenses, and my (cringe) loans come through before rent is next due. Extra $$ means I can think about getting a pedicure, and buy the girls new back packs for the new school year without too much stress, but ... it isn't a life or death situation.

    And I don't think it's so horrid of me to want a week - ONE WEEK off! I started my internship immediately after taking my exams, when most people had a 2 week break. I'm doing this research assistantship, so my time won't be 100% decadent.

    If the temp agency calls, I will schlep off to some office and type for a week. But if they don't, then I will smile. All week long.
    posted by Zuska @ 3:48 PM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?