parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, June 09, 2005
    Summer!!!
    Oh, I haven't posted in so long!! I honestly didn't think anyone was reading, so the blog's position on my priority list was super-low. Then I got comments!! My first! I feel honored.

    I'm interning this summer with a Family Law Judge. I am in my 4th week. I'm walking a tight-rope b/t satisfaction with the position and dissatisfaction. It is not a writing job ... my judge is the King of Practicality ... research is for losers, as far as he's concerned. He pushes settlement agreements like the next Crack Cocaine, and caselaw be damned!!

    I also feel old. Again. I am interning with another rising 2L, and he is 10 years younger than me, graduated high school and college a clean 10 years after me, and has made it very clear on many ocassions that I don't "get" certain things b/c I'm "so old." For example: I don't understand why it was clear that the 3 hockey players who had oral sex with the same girl within like 10 minutes were not given jail time was b/c it was NORMAL for one girl (15 years old) to perform oral sex upon 3 men in quick succession. If I weren't so "out of touch" I would know that this CLEARLY is not a criminal matter.

    I am not going to believe him. because my daughters ... they're 7 and 8. And I don't want them to be giving multiple blow jobs in 7 or 8 years. Call me crazy ... but I think that's gross, and really, kind of slutty.

    I miss being in school. Really, I do. I miss the intellectual stimulation, and I'm not finding work to give me that. And I'm just as broke, thanks to the judicial clerkship, which is free. And while I came to law school thinking family law was for me, i'm not so sure anymore. But yet, the school I chose was partly b/c I thought ... "family law is for me." So the things which have piqued my interest ... I probably can't do from this law school. (i.e., constitutional law; appellate work).

    Woe? Is that what I am saying? Woe is me? I am not sure.
    posted by Zuska @ 1:50 AM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      One of my favorite generation moments was when a classmate referred to 80's music as "oldies". Another was when my locker-mate heard how old I was (30s) and exclaimed loudly, "you don't look that old!".

      Ahhhhh. Law School.

      Lynn

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?