parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, July 05, 2005
    woe is me. i'm a bitch

    My girls left today for their dad's house in wisconsin. (see -- that's them!!) i miss them. already. they are cute, and they are funny, and they are smart, and they are thoughtful, and they are responsible, and they are good. and they are gone.

    and therefore, i am a BITCH!! god, i'm just insufferable. if you sit near me on the train, you will think i'm a bitch. if you pass me on the street, you will think i am a bitch. if you try to strike up a conversation with me about the cute-ness or intelligence of my children (as i'm on the way to the AIRPORT! to put them on a PLANE! b/c they are LEAVING!! for six WEEKS!!), i will be a bitch. to you.

    I am also very upset about Sandra Day O'Connor's resignation. I am scared. Really, I am afraid. I am also mad at her. I have seen so much reason in her decisions. So much ... thought. And I would have thought that her reason and her thoughtfulness would give her some sense that these are dangerous times, and theseare not times in which to resign. These are not times in which to hand very important things to very scary people. Especially b/c there are not very strong people to counteract the scary people. there are only weak people. "oh, if you don't wnat us to filibuster, we won't filibuster" people. damned weak people.

    grrrr.
    posted by Zuska @ 11:49 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      My daughter left recently for her annual summer with various family members (grandparents, sisters, brother). Her father is deceased, otherwise she would be going there too. I think that there should be a hallmark card section for moms who give up their kids for the summer....Although I have to say, my partner and I do enjoy going out on dates and doing things that we wouldn't ordinarily be doing..when I'm not locked in my law firm at night that is...

      Buck up and know that they are building memories, hopefully good ones, and a new appreciation for mom. The bad part is when you pick them up and they've grown like a foot over the summer..how does that happen?

      Lynn

       
    • At Wednesday, July 06, 2005 1:31:00 PM, Blogger Zuska said…

      They do grow a lot while gone, don't they?

      My partner and I also have enjoyed the past summers - we've gone on weekend trips, enjoyed later nights out, seeing movies in a THEATER!! and in the middle of the afternoon, no less!!

      But this summer, I'm an intern with a judge, and I'm making zero dollars, and I'm in the midst of law school, and I don't have the free cash I used to. I'm sure we'll still enjoy a little extra freedom, but not to the extent that we have in the past.

      Unless, of course, I get surprised and my inheritance comes through a month or so early (not big $$, but enough to stop stressing non-stop).

       
    • At Thursday, July 07, 2005 8:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Even though you're broke, I'm assuming that the city you're residing in has free summer stuff. You could make that your project: take advantage of free summer stuff 101.

      My daughter just called me last night to say that my mid-western sister has offered a kitten, to travel to the east coast and reside in my (new) townhouse. She clearly has no shame in her spoilation of the child. The fun part is when they come back and you get to "de-program" them.

      Lynn

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?