parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, June 10, 2007
    Onion Rings
    This weekend, my mom was in town for J's play. She also was helping me a bit with some of the household duties that I've lagged behind on for, oh, say, 6 months? Or at least that's how long it feels.

    She cleaned the girls' room and the bathroom.

    Before she got here, I ran around straightening the living room and the kitchen and some of the other parts of the house. One thing I did was to put away some towels in the hall closet. The door on that closet is the kind that slides on a track? You know - the two doors that are on different tracks and go back and forth. One side always sticks. I had put them so they were lined up, and was trying to grab the back one to jam it back onto the track. It worked. But my finger felt a little funky.

    My wedding ring got smooshed. I don't really know how. I don't remember my finger being smashed, but Beloved is convinced that for my ring to be such a perfect oval, I must have REALLY smashed it.

    When we got married in February, we were on a tight budget (surprise, surprise), and we weren't really sure Beloved could wear a ring - his fingers used to swell when he wore a ring, back in the 80s when he was last married. I also wanted (and still want) to find a super awesome funky antique-y cool unique fantabulous band. I haven't found it. I'm not sure it exists. I think it has rubies in it. I'm not really sure.

    Our indecision led me to Amazon.com, where I ordered 2 silver bands, $12 each.

    Not really the world's biggest surprise that it was smashable.

    I showed it to E today, and she said, "ha! It looks like an onion ring!"

    I got myself a new band:





    still as my placeholder until I find my mythical ring. I can't wait until it gets here, b/c my finger feels all naked.
    posted by Zuska @ 10:11 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?