parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, June 06, 2007
    Freedom
    My shows - all of them - ended before graduation, on the 25th of May. Since then, the evenings are so pleasant. There is no rushing to get the kids out of the living room so that I can indulge in sounds of screaming fog-monsters (as in: Lost) or so that I can revel in naked bodies and discussions of syphilis with smatterings of medical emergencies (Grey's Anatomy), or so that I can torture myself with high-tension 'what-ifs' of terrorism (24). I also no longer have to hurry the kids along with homework and chores while dangling the threat of "No American Idol" over their heads.

    It's like ... I've been born again ... or something. I'm very happy.

    I've taken on no summer shows, and I will not (what am I, suicidal?)

    Yet, I don't think I'll be able to stay away come fall (unless Future Firm locks me within the bowels of the building every evening of the week, and I have no choice). I am willing, however, to pick up my shows either on iTunes, or (imagine?) to get Tivo, and see all shows when it's convenient (I may as well buy the DVDs when they're released in 5 years).

    All I know for sure, is I like the quiet. I like the change of focus.

    Labels: , , , ,

    posted by Zuska @ 10:07 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Thursday, June 07, 2007 2:08:00 AM, Blogger Pissed OFF Housewife said…

      Try the Riches or for that matter anything on FX, it's the poor man's HBO.

       
    • At Thursday, June 07, 2007 5:58:00 AM, Blogger Zuska said…

      Hey! I just said I don't want to watch ANYTHING! At least not for a while.

       
    • At Friday, June 08, 2007 7:38:00 AM, Blogger Butterflyfish said…

      "FX is the poor man's HBO." I am stealing that line -- obsessed with Rescue Me. Waiting anxiously for new season.

      My transition show/ mini-series (*shame*) The Starter Wife.

      Zuska -- I shut of the television for about a year once -- before I had the internet too. This was 1997. Wow. 10 years now. It was a great year -- I got a lot more accomplished. Surely you'll survive the summer

      :-)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?