parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Monday, April 03, 2006
    this ain't bikin' weather
    This quarter, I have been bound and determined to ride my bike to and from school, regardless of the thermometer or barometer or ___meter. Meaning, rain or shine, cold or warm ... I was even determined that I would ride in snow (but not ice).

    Reason being that if I ride the bike, it takes 10-15 minutes to get to school. If I take the bus, or the train, it takes 45 minutes, but I really don't feel like I can budget less than an hour if I want to be certain to be either to class or home for the babysitter on time. It's just ridiculous. It feels like such a waste of time, to be spending 1.5-2 hours a day doing what should take 30 minutes. Time that I could be reading, or playing with kids, or blogging.

    So far this quarter, I only took the bus once, and that was the day that I was sick from the flu. Otherwise, I have lived up to my promise to myself (and my kids -- if I take transit, they have to eat breakfast at school, and that's no fun for them).

    Tomorrow is supposed to rain. REALLY rain, 100% chance and thunderstorms likely. It will be between 40 and 45 degrees. By nightfall, it will potentially turn over to snow, which will continue through the morning commute.

    This is really testing my bike resolve. But I also like sleep, and I don't want to get up early. And Beloved and I just worked it out that on Tuesdays, I stay at school a wee later in order to get more work done (I leave at 6 instead of 5), and if I'm on the T or the bus, I don't get the extra work time.

    So I am going to go and dig out my rain pants. And my bike raincoat, and I'm going to be a big girl. I am going to ride my bike in the rain, like I said I would.

    But i'm not gonna like it.
    posted by Zuska @ 7:37 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?