parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, March 28, 2006
    A Kid Post
    Somehow, I ended up with extremely disobedient children. I have asked them at least twelve times to stop. growing. at least until I get out of school. Do they listen? noooo-ooooo.

    Thing Two is at that stage in her life where I feel like I am buying clothes every week. She has gone up 3 pant sizes since August. She had recently taken over a pair of her sister's pants, and then yesterday upon exiting her bedroom all bleary eyed and grouchy, I had to send her back to put on pants that at least reached her mid-calf. Same thing with the second pair of pants she came out in. This is not a good stage to be hitting while I am still a law student.

    Fortunately, Corporations is a relatively boring class at times, and I was able to go shopping at L.L.Bean for kids, and purchase a few pairs of pants and some t-shirts. I bought her some capris. I'm not sure she'll wear them, but if she will, no one will notice when they are shorter!! She is very slender, so pants fit her waist, etc., long after they've become too short. Yeah for Spring and capris in kid sizes!! [oooh, i just realized that this means she'll need new shoes].

    It is also the time of year for Spring Sports Sign Ups. Both my Things will be playing Softball. Thing Two appears to have a good bit of athleticism in her. She's really good at soccer, but has never played on a team. I've been pushing (i mean, ASKING) her to play, but she never wants to. Then yesterday she came home saying, "I want to play soccer and softball." I jumped on line for the registration sign ups to find out that the spring soccer deadline was March 1. Oops. (or as Thing One keeps writing .... opps.) When I shared this passing of the deadline, tears ensued. Why? I swear, i've been suggesting soccer for like, 2 years, and the answer is always no. Now all of a sudden she's not only willing, but she's IN TEARS over it. Geez.

    I am pretty sure they'll still let her play, I just have to call, rather than having the ease of the world wide web (which is open 24 hours a day, which works for someone like me who already has to fit 12 hours worth of things to do into the 9 hour business day). I may not be able to get her on the team with kids from our school, in which case I think she will need to wait for Fall Soccer.

    Last but not least (well, yeah, it is least) - the carrier of the semen that contributed to their genetic make up has pissed me off again. Or, rather, disappointed me as one who feels vicariously for my children.

    They have a week off from school coming up, and even have an extra day on one side of the week. They are going to visit him. Their last vacation week should have been with him as well, but he (graciously??) allowed them to come to California with me, instead. For this week that is in the future, I emailed and let him know of the best dates for travel, which included spending that extra day off with him after morning travel. It also included a day for them to wake up at home before the first day back at school. Instead, he completely truncated the week, and reduced their time with him by about 3 days. I just cannot fathom that. i cannot fathom someone knowing these kids, and not wanting to slurp up every last second that is available to them. They do not know of the process or the details, so they are not offended, but I am. On their behalf.
    posted by Zuska @ 9:55 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      They NEVER listen! Mine kept growing and growing, usually at inconvenient times. Plus, they don't stop eating either. But eventually they go away... and start buying their own clothes... at Paris flea markets...

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?