parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, March 29, 2006
    oh my god corporations is so boring!!
    i'm not sure if it's really that it's boring, or if it's b/c i am so tired that i just can't focus. the alternative to reading 50 pages of corporations? oh, i don't know - blogging 50 posts worth of inane drivel?

    Other than my illness of last week, I have done very well at maintaining my exercise schedule since school started. I am very pleased about this. I am enjoying it, and I am working hard.

    I am wanting new sneakers, in order to make my feet happier. My sneakers are kind of old, and while on the stairmaster, my toes tend to feel like they're falling to sleep.

    I also need new brown shoes. I had some very nice and comfortable brown Dansko shoes, but they inexplicably developed a squeak - a persistent, loud, unfixable squeak. it sounded like a nail was loose way deep inside the sole of the shoe, and i could not abide by that noise, so I chucked them. Then I replaced them with some very fun and cozy Merrills ... cozy, as in, fur lined.

    It's 55 out today. I cannot be wearing fur-lined shoes! And I cannot be wearing my sandals yet. Clearly, something must be done.

    I believe I will need to find me a zipcar this weekend, and go to some stores in which shoes are sold.

    So, I suppose, back to Corporations. I'm about to read a decision written by a local judge. that people i know have worked for.

    see how good I'm being?
    posted by Zuska @ 3:06 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Wednesday, March 29, 2006 4:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      what?!! i thought we were going to ikea this weekend, you can't get shoes at ikea! no, wait! it's a PLOT! you and thing 2 and her need for new shoes to go with capris... it's all about the girls and shoes!

      fine, then. i'm going to the library to write halloween limericks.

      xo

       
    • At Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:34:00 PM, Blogger The Marpepps! said…

      I *definitely* think you should get new shoes. Let me start with that unqualifiable statement. Now, let me say this:

      Your toes falling asleep is not your shoes. You are probably doing two things. (1) you're tying your shoes too tight and (2) your putting too much weight on the balls of your feet. Also, in a year of consistently working out, your body will more efficient at getting blood down to el toez.

      New shoes won't change that.

      However, I'm NOT saying you shouldn't get new shoes. Because you should. Just that it won't fix your problem. It could help tho!

      P.S: zipcar rocks.

      P.P.S: shoes that squeak are the worst. My current running shoes have developed a squeak. HEY! Maybe*I* should be getting a new pair myself :).

      P.P.P.S: sorry, but I have no remedy for corporations. I'll trade you for my 3:30-5:30 Evidence class tho.

       
    • At Sunday, April 02, 2006 4:51:00 PM, Blogger Zuska said…

      I sort of thought I just tied my shoes too tight. And on Friday, I took your advice and worked on keeping off the balls of my feet, and I didn't have the problem.

      My new shoes are great, though. Even if they are evil Nikes.

      I had Evidence from 3:30 to 5:30 in the fall. dear lord, I think I'll hold onto corporations, rather than go through that again.

      besides, we're getting past the accounting junk, and it's therefore a wee bit more interesting.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?