parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, April 02, 2006
    Sports and Shoes
    I called the soccer people for Thing Two, and they said yes, she can still be on the team, I just need to send my $55 ASAP, and all will be well. Then Beloved and I spoke with the girls about what the weekends will be looking like this spring with 2 kids playing softball, and one playing soccer, and Thing Two changed her mind, and said no - just softball. She doesn't want soccer on Saturdays and softball on Sundays, and no time for sleepovers and friends over, etc.

    So Thing One has practices on Weds. evenings, and games on Sundays, and Thing Two has practice/games on Sundays. In different parks. Across town from each other. So we'll be getting a weekly zipcar in order to get to Thing Two's location, and Beloved and I will have to split up.

    And in the fall, they BOTH want to play soccer now! So it actually works out quite well. And if Thing Two discovers she really loves both, and already is on the teams, and has the experience and it's positive, then she can do BOTH next Spring. But I don't think she needed to do her first time at both at the same time.

    We are goign to Connecticut to visit my parents next weekend, and it's a good thing we made those plans when we did, b/c soon after, we are stuck here in town via sports until June 11th.

    SHOES! i did not find (or even look for) brown shoes. I sort of don't care right now, b/c it's 65 degrees, and my sandals (all 6 pairs) are working just fine for me.

    I did, however, buy sneakers. I had to try on many pairs before I found some that felt right. And they're Nike, and I kind of think Nike is evil, so I therefore feel like a hypocrite.

    In other hypocritical news .... I was overcome by guilt yesterday for having a sit-down with my offspring over the difficulties involved in getting them to clean their room -- considering that mine is forever a mess. I often clean up the living room by dumping everything into my room. I am not one of those people who takes off her clothes and instantly puts them where they go. I leave them on the floor. Even like suit coats, which really should be hung up.

    I also find the double wardrobe thing difficult. I have several suits and several dress clothing outfits, and then many many casual things. I can't just "get rid of things" - I need them in alternating times. for 3 months, i wear nothing but casual clothes. Then for the next 3 months, nothing but suits.

    I told beloved that he could no longer have clothes in the closet. that didnt' go over too well. i told him we need to move, and find a place with 4 bedrooms, so that the girls can each have their own (they share now), and i can have one for all my clothes. that didn't go over too well, either.

    I did get rid of two large garbage bags full of clothes yesterday. Things I never wear, things that were bad decisions in the first place, things my mom gave me thinking it was dressy, and therefore i would wear it (when in fact, it was horrid). I donated them, along with some clothes that the kids outgrew. Which is a lot. Including coats (in near perfect condition) and snow pants and really heavy duty sturdy boots. Those will be infinitely more useful to a needy soul than my cast offs, I'm sure.

    My room is now in better shape, and morely likely to stay that way (since there's more space to put things). And perhaps I will now have more standing to tell my children that they can't go out and play until their room is clean.
    posted by Zuska @ 2:00 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?