parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, April 04, 2006
    squishy socks
    My corporations professor calls everything "squishy." It was cute the first 1o or 15 times.

    My socks today, however, are truly squishy. Not as in "they have no bright line rule and it really depends on the mood of the judge and the ability of the lawyer to cast things in a permissible light" squishy, but rather really really wet from riding the bike through an underwater intersection this a.m. squishy.

    Otherwise, the bike ride went really well, and I even found it invigorating to be riding in the rain. In rides during driving rain, I had issues with keeping my eyes open, due to the rain pelting my open eyeballs. Today, however, I had on a hat with a visor, and there were no pelting issues, and it was nice.

    I must remember next time, however, to wear rain shoes and pack extra socks.

    In other news, my school released next year's class list. We won't know the actual schedule until the day before we register, but I can at least start toying with different content combinations. I do know, however, that a lot will remain up in the air until this summer is over. I am HOPING (unrealistically, I'm sure) for some direction to take place during my summer employ. Will I enjoy the labor & employment work so much that I absolutely *must* make room for Labor Law I and II? Or will I get such a thrill from doing [shudder] corporate work that I'll find myself taking Corporate Tax? Perhaps I will say fuck it all - and just take 2 quarters worth of seminars.

    There is a Law, Policy and Society class being offered in the fall that I am about to go and look up. It looks very interesting. There's also a Racism and the Law seminar in the spring that I will definitely be taking. I also know (for a fact) that I will DEFINITELY be taking Professional Responsibility in the fall.

    I would like to keep my spring light next year. I see my third year counterparts really struggling to find time in their busy senior-itis lives to actually READ or in the worst cases, WRITE PAPERS. They are much more interested in going out to lunch, and going to see a movie, and going for a walk, and skipping class to hang out with each other before the Great Separation this fall. They're also very jaded. So I think I will use this knowledge while crafting my schedule for the spring. I'll be ahead on credits, and can probably get permission to go below the minimum 11 credits. I could just take 3 classes (say, for example, First Amendment, Intellectual Property, and Racism and the Law).

    And then I will graduate.
    posted by Zuska @ 3:46 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?